Lead Quality Engineer
Test Requirement Analysis:
â€¢ Identify requirement defects by adopting shift left levers eg:Requirement Ambiguity Matrix, ADPART ,and other cognizant solution accelerators
• * Perform KT on user stories.
• â€¢ Design estimates (time /effort) based on the requirements analysis.
• In case of critical technology, create test scripts and seek review inputs from the test lead.
• â€¢ Understand and analyze the requirements (through review of requirement document) to identify the testable requirements.
• â€¢ Prioritize the requirements based on the time required.
• â€¢ Prepare highlevel flow documents.
• â€¢ Organize and drive the requirement walkthrough session.
• Prepare/Review the flow diagrams.
• â€¢ Seek clarification on the requirements from the customer.
• Perform Proof of concepts or evaluate different tools if required.
Test Strategy and Test Planning:• â€¢ Document the test plan based on the understanding of test strategy (covering project details, items under scope, items out of scope, type of testing, assumptions, dependencies, risks foreseen, entry/exit criteria) for each cycle.
• â€¢ Seek signoff on the test plan from the client.
• â€¢ Provide inputs for test plan creation including number of test scenarios and test cases used for estimation of the test cycles /schedule, dependencies etcin addition to the other dependencies from various teams like environment availability , third party interfaces and test data etc.
• * Participate in collaborative sprint goal definition session to determine what the team plans to achieve during the sprint.
• Participation in status calls/meetings between onsite and offshore teams to discuss the project status.
Test Design Techniques (Design principles/tools/patterns):• â€¢ Identify the test scenarios based on the understanding of systems, interfaces and application.
• â€¢ Identify end to end business critical scenarios.
• * Assist / support development team in unit test automation, identify environment dependencies, deployment strategies, build release cycle, test data dependencies etc.
• â€¢ Create/Review the test scenarios (created by the Quality Engineer.
• * Identify and validate test scenarios for automation.
• * Perform In Sprint automation.
• * Perform Automation Script Maintenance.
• â€¢ Share created test scripts with test lead for review.
• â€¢ Conduct pilot automation test run to validate the test scripts.
• â€¢ Validate the test environment set up.
• â€¢ Participate in customer review meetings and seek sign off by customer on the review comments.
• â€¢ Identify regression scenario and the impacted areas on need basis.
• â€¢ Perform effective automation through automated code coverage tools/ manual code review with minimal review comments.
• â€¢ Develop supporting structures for all test automation including mocks, stubs, & test harnesses.
Coding Practices & Defect Management:• â€¢ Able to estimate and commit task level effort and deliver activities on time.
• â€¢ Effective technical communication by participating in architectural/design reviews.
• â€¢ Performance Development Process.
• â€¢ Comprehensive understanding of full development lifecycle and is actively involved in all phases.
• â€¢ Participate in the defect triages to gather evidence for defect identification on periodic basis for defect prioritization and fix.
• â€¢ Track defect metrics to ensure testing effectiveness as generated by tool.
• * Involvement with development teams, architects early in the project life cycle to identify the dependencies on architecture design, coding standards, deployment environment, deployment methodologies.
Test Execution (Automation/Specialized testing):• â€¢ Test the defect and update the status, if required.
• â€¢ Conduct root cause analysis of the defects logged.
• â€¢ Conduct dry run/smoke testing to ensure scripts readiness.
• â€¢ Perform high level/Sanity testing to ensure testing is intact.
• â€¢ Provide automation/white box and other status to Test Lead/Test Manager.
• â€¢ Develop automated test scripts using technology concepts.
• â€¢ Create test automation framework that suites the application under test using the identified test automation tool.
• â€¢ Incorporate the automated tests into continuous integration process.
• * Coordinate with the stakeholders to make gono go decision based on test results and test closure summary report.
• * Possess knowlesdge on continous integration practices & identify appropriate CI tools based on project development model.
• * Ensure CI Setup is done for each round and job creation is done using CI tools.
• * Perform Frequent monitoring & Failure analysis will be done.
• * Perform Script fixing for any errors/issues.
• * Status is shared to onsite across all teams.
• * Frequent Optimization /Maintenance.
Technology consulting Research & analysis:• â€¢ Support business on faster timetomarket activities.
• â€¢ Adopt best practices to maximize savings and minimize redundancy.
• Feasibility Study â€“ new technology/ framework concept.
• Code coverage analysis.
People Management:• â€¢ Develop and sustain positive relationships with peers.
• * Identify training needs of team members.
• * Identify, groom, reward and develop high performers.
• * Resolve escalated conflicts and grievances.
Knowledge & Innovation Management:• * Creation of knowledge base with quality test automation process documents.
• * Coordinate with team members, to upload the relevant document in knowledge management portals and keep it updated with the latest document.
• * Improvise already existing processes based on the experience.
• * Institutionalize systems and processes in place to implement innovation suggestion made by the team (eg adoption of Cognizant proprietary best practices / tools, process optimization like usage of tools, automation, etc ).
• * Identify the time and cost savings made due to adoption of the best practices.
• * Foster innovative culture in project team.
Project , Configuration & release Management:• * Possess fundamental of software configuration management including revision control and the establishment of baselines.
• * Possess handson working knowledge of atleast 2 software configuration management tools.
• â€¢ Adhere to all customer standards, policies and governance practices.
• * Strong project management knowledge with ability to create plan, identify dependencies, risks & constraints & mitigation plans.
• * Create timely status reports & provide timely deliverables & upload in project management tools.
• * Identify suitable project metrics & continously track/monitor.
• * Able to come up with preventive & corrective actions for risks.
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1SeleniumPL2Required2Core JavaPL1Required
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Dec 12 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website