Corporate Strategy Team Lead (AVP)
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Corporate Strategy is a highly visible team tackling Cognizant's most pressing challenges across three key mandates:
1. Long term strategy definition and stewardship, including market sensing, competitive strategy, and commercial
2. Business unit strategy support and guidance, including identification of key growth opportunities, connectivity
to adjacent business units, and alignment to the corporate vision
3. Strategic project execution, including transformation initiatives, M&A support, and a variety of other high-profile
We are looking to fill a key leadership role on the strategic projects team. ?The successful candidate will lead teams of former consultants to drive critical engagements for Cognizant's board of directors and executive committee. ?S/he will own a substantive portion of the executive leadership agenda, actively coaching, mentoring, and managing a global team to deliver insightful recommendations. ?This role has significant and regular exposure to the CEO and other Executive Committee members, and successful candidates are expected to transition into critical operating roles after 18-24 months. This is an excellent opportunity for a strong consulting leader to transition into a high-impact operating role at a Fortune 200 company.
· Own and drive multiple complex internal consulting projects, taking responsibility for the ultimate success of the effort via oversight of multiple project teams (typically?manager + 2 – 3 members)
· Drive a high-impact agenda with senior Cognizant leaders
· Drive change in a complex, matrixed organization through effective executive influencing and engagement
· Actively coach members of the Corporate Strategy team, instilling good problem solving, influencing, and?engagement fundamentals and mentoring their professional development
· Likely 10-15 years total experience, with significant representation of management consulting, team leadership, and client facing roles
· Strong consulting / problem-solving toolkit: typically from minimum 5 years in a top-tier management consulting program
· Excellent “client hands”: able to quickly establish presence, credibility, and ultimately influence, with very senior leaders in the organization
· Confident project stewardship: track record of delivering results from complex and ambiguous project efforts
· Low ego, collaborative, direct, and impact-oriented
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Aug 12 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website