We are Cognizant Artificial Intelligence
Digital technologies, including analytics and AI, give companies a once-in-a-generation opportunity to perform orders of magnitude better than ever before. But clients need new business models built from analyzing customers and business operations at every angle to really understand them.
With the power to apply artificial intelligence and data science to business decisions via enterprise data management solutions, we help leading companies prototype, refine, validate and scale the most desirable products and delivery models to enterprise scale within weeks.Our Opportunities
Chances are you're not looking for business as usual. Neither are we. Find out more about our student and entry level opportunities. At Cognizant Artificial Intelligence, we have a challenging Data Scientist role.Responsibilities
A Data Scientist in the AI and Analytics Practice brings relevant context to complex data for business and IT for intelligent systems and human decisioning. They work with in the domains of data management, business intelligence, descriptive analytics and advanced modeling, they will use a variety of machine learning and AI approaches to deliver better, faster, and smarter insights and intelligence to some of the world's most successful businesses – our clients. Specific responsibilities include:
- Building an in-depth understanding of the opportunity, challenge or issue in the domain and its associated data
- Interact with and integrate large, diverse and impactful datasets across business functions
- Research, design, implement, and evaluate advanced analytics, including machine learning approaches and models
- Take initiative in evaluating and adapting new approaches and methods from data science research
- Investigate data visualization and summarization techniques for conveying key findings
- Responsible for effectively telling the “data and analytics story” to business users in a clear, concise and impactful manner
- Communicate findings, obstacles and opportunities to stakeholders to help drive the delivery to market.
- Bring value from data.to business users
- Graduate degree in IT-related field and 0-3 years of IT experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Strong business communication skills, both written and oral
- Hands on experience in data cleaning and data quality assessment, hypotheses testing, data exploration and mining, visualization techniques, algorithm selection and building predictive model using traditional as well as machine learning algorithms
- Hands on experience with traditional modeling algorithms (e.g. regression, log-regression, clustering, predictive modeling, etc.)
- Hands on experience with Python and R/R Studio
- Exposure to working with SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for this role.
- Familiarity with advanced machine learning algorithms such as neural networks and other deep learning approaches
- Familiarity with developing and deploying models on the Hadoop environment
- Some experience with AWS Sagemaker, Google TensorFlow or MS Azure ML
- Experience with collaborative development workflows (e.g., Microsoft VSTS)
- Working knowledge of application development using Hadoop components (HDFS, Spark, Hive, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Tableau or other BI visualization tools, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, SAS
- Open Source Tools in any of the above with experience in D3/R/Shiny/Python/GitHub
- Awareness of Narrative Science/ YSEOP/Automated Insights and concept of NLG/NLP
- Your on-the-job success and Cognizant career advancement is important. To help you construct a platform for personal and professional growth, your Cognizant journey will include a learning program catering to your skill and role.
- Go deep – by gaining niche Data Sciences skills and/or visualization skills vital to success in your new role
- Be broad – and create job maneuverability in emerging and established technologies
- Develop a meaningful professional relationship with a senior level Data Science mentor
- Learn by doing in the area of client communications and client relationships
- Develop the art of data journalism to effectively tell the analytic story
- Our commitment to you: Working with one of the top Data Science firms, using some of the most advanced and patented evolutionary AI capabilities.
- Your innovative thinking and successes will be rewarded with opportunities for career advancement
- You will gain experience across a wide variety of projects and industries with one of the world's premier Data Science firms
- You can make a difference working with high-profile clients and projects to create meaningful solutions through true collaboration
- Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired. You will be supported by a high-caliber analytics ecosystem and employ some of the most advanced and patented AI capabilities.
- New skills, knowledge and training through our global network of experts
- Competitive salary including paid time off, a 401K matching program, an extensive healthcare benefits suite, and more
- If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jan 27 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website