Land Acquisition Specialist Overview
The Land Acquisition Specialist will assist in finding land opportunities and developing new communities in Eastern NC. This position will report to the Regional Vice President. The team member will collaborate with real estate land brokers, land developers, officials from local municipalities and utility companies, professional consultants and land development contractors as well as communicating with Home Center Managers. Primary responsibilities are to locate, research, evaluate and purchase land for development followed with field management of land development activities and the assurance that schedules are maintained, that quality control is adhered to, and that projects are completed within prescribed budgets.
- Identify and collaborate with local real estate brokers, developers and landowners
- Identify and analyze market growth areas for land development.
- Coordinate the workflow and activities of project specific land development field operations (lot and amenity construction), including inspections
- Schedule and supervise survey crews and material testing personnel for rough grading, infrastructure installation, final lot grading
- Assist in the management of construction contracts
- Assist with project planning, scheduling, budgeting, quantity takeoffs and cost analysis
- Coordinate land development activities with power, gas, telephone, cable companies
- Assist in the preparation of bid packages and solicit bids for infrastructure construction
- Review project drawings for omissions/errors; collect as built drawings
- Assist in ensuring that all project sites are in compliance with regulatory agencies, including NC DEQ, NC DOT, OSHA, EPA
- Assist in the obtaining of project approvals and permits
- Assist in the timely reduction and/or termination of project infrastructure bonds and/or letters of credit
- Coordinate and execute the completion of project punch lists.
- Manage SWPPP activities and compliance
- Assist in approving contractor invoices
- Update Pro Formas and provide a monthly written and oral report to the executive management team
- Provide weekly updated Construction Schedules
- Implement, update and maintain the development estimating database
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge and understanding of land values and markets
- Knowledge and understanding of grading/utility plans and plats, their cost implications, and their effect on vertical construction
- 3 + years of experience in Real Estate land acquisitions and development
- Experience in job cost estimating/bidding, contracts, and budget management
- Ability to work across multiple facets of the business (internally and externally) to accomplish the objectives at hand
- Comprehend local, state, and federal environmental concerns, permitting procedures, and inspection requirements pertaining to land development activities
- Must have vehicle, valid Driver's License, and willing to travel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- - Medical, Dental, Life, Vision and 401k with aggressive employer match; PTO granted after 90 days
- Home Centers are closed on Sundays – we believe in offering a balanced working environment
- Training and Professional Development –online educational opportunities, training workshops, and classes
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and one of the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.
Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry; we take pride in ensuring that all Clayton homeowners receive a high level of customer service from the time they visit one of our Home Centers all the way through to the time they take ownership of their new home.
You will find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our website at:
Apply on company website