Clayton Homes Maintenance Service Technician - Morgantown, WV
Maintenance Service Technician – Handyman / Construction
Maintenance, Handyman, and Construction professionals - we've got a rewarding new challenge for you that will provide exceptional career potential. Since 1956, Clayton Homes has built and sold more than 1.5 million manufactured and modular homes, winning multiple awards for design and construction. For the past decade, we have been experiencing tremendous growth as a subsidiary of Warren Buffett's Berkshire-Hathaway, Inc., and we are looking for Maintenance Service Technicians to join our team. The Maintenance Service Technician - Handyman is the key to a successful model home center. Your home repair efforts will translate into happy homeowners and a good reputation within the community. This requires numerous and varied “handyman" skills as well as a firm commitment to delighting customers with exceptional service. In return, you will receive excellent compensation that includes competitive pay, a full benefits package, and plenty of professional development opportunities. If this sounds like the kind of career move that you have been waiting for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
As a Maintenance Service Technician - Handyman, your primary responsibility is to repair common service problems associated with manufactured housing. You will provide excellent customer service by promptly responding to service calls and ensuring that all repairs are completed in a thorough and timely manner.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Performing general maintenance to maintain property appearance and condition
- Completing service requests
- Performing preventative care on HVAC and other systems
- Repairing exterior and roof damage
As a Maintenance Service Technician / Handyman, you must be reliable, dependable, and friendly with a solid work ethic and a sense of pride in your work. You must also be highly organized with strong time-management and prioritization skills. It is also important that you display strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as a commitment to a high level of customer satisfaction. This position requires hand eye coordination, physical strength, and the ability to stoop, bend, lift, and climb.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Numerous and varied handyman skills
- The ability to lift and move furniture, wallboard, water heater, etc. (100 lbs.)
- The endurance to perform strenuous tasks
- The ability to safely climb ladders
- The ability to work in all environments (extreme heat/cold, rain/snow)
- Strong customer relations skills
- Ability to excel in and contribute to a team environment
- Possess valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Applicants are subject to a criminal background check and must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to learn and comply with the legal requirements that apply to the sale of manufactured homes
As a Maintenance Service Technician - Handyman with Clayton Homes, you will be part of an established and growing organization with 80 years of experience in providing customers with a world-class home buying experience. We are as dedicated to your professional growth as we are to the quality and value of our products; we reward individual achievement as well as team success. Our management training program is second to none, and there is ample room here for advancement to positions of greater responsibility.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package that includes benefits.
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with aggressive employer match
- Performance bonuses/profit sharing
- Model Home Centers are closed on Sundays – we believe in offering a balanced working environment
Build a rewarding career with us at Clayton Homes… Apply now!
1294 GREENBAG ROAD
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia, 26508
Job Category: Installation,
Apply on company website