JOB PURPOSE:Provide explicit reading instruction in a one-to-one or small group setting to improve specific reading skills of a particular child or group of children to support regular classroom instruction. Works with School principal and reading teacher to design and create intervention plans of learning aligned with regular classroom reading objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 80% of job will be providing intensive instruction in reading to at-risk students in a one-on-one or small group setting
- 5% is Identifying student in grades K-5 who are at risk of not meeting grade level reading proficiency by analyzing data from identified state and district formative and summative assessments, grades, and measure of progress.
- Coordinate with Principal to develop a schedule of one-on-one or small group reading support.
- Work closely with at risk students' reading teacher to coordinate intervention program efforts that align with regular classroom instructional focuses.
- Monitor and maintain accurate data and records on student progress towards reading achievement goals.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong working knowledge of district approved instructional materials for reading instruction
- Strong working knowledge of foundational mathematics assessments district reading benchmarks and other assessments
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Collaboration skills
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of employment.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- 3 years of continuous teaching experience in grades K-5 reading
- Experience working with at risk students
- Professional Teaching Certificate in Elementary Education K-6 or Reading K-12
Apply on company website