The Senior Manager of IT for the State of Louisana is charged with overseeing and ensuring the quality of IT service for all schools within the State. The Senior Manager provides guidance and recommendations to the State team and school leaders and direction to local IT staff.**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
- Work with State team and to assess, implement, and respond to customer technology-related needs
- Provide management with critical decision-making information through research of emerging technologies, analysis of data, monitoring of trends and recommendations
- Ensure high quality, timely and effective support for all supported hardware, software and systems for all stakeholders
- Coordinate successful deployment of IT projects including hardware, software, services and policy implementations
- Provide day-to-day supervision of IT staff, including direction, establishing goals, performance reviews and delegation of tasks
- Coordinate with 3rd party service services and vendors as necessary
- Aid in developing and managing IT-related budgets for State and schools
- Ensure documentation of all IT procedures, processes and policies and processes to maintain and revise documentation are being followed
- Act as a technology liaison for State team members, schools, and vendors
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports company's goals and strategic priorities.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Demonstrates ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Thinks ahead and plans over a 1-2 year time span.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; and develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to research, evaluate and implement best practices.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Strong track record for analyzing complex problems/issues, identifying patterns and recommending creative solutions.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution. Preferred degree majors include computer science, management information systems, business or personnel administration, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience and or training in Information Technology.
- Proficiency in common business software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other relevant software.
- Understanding networking, hardware, software and services requirements to support remote locations.
- Travel within and outside the state as the job dictates.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.
Human Resources retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by the CEO or the Senior Director of Human Resources will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Apply on company website