JOB PURPOSE: Serve as the site based leader of the school. Responsible for implementing and managing the policies, regulations, procedures and CSUSA curriculum, to ensure all students have a safe learning environment and receive instruction that meets or exceeds CSUSA standards. Responsible for leading curriculum content and course development, program evaluation, extracurricular activities, personnel management, financial management, facilities operations, emergency procedures, and resource scheduling. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as Educational Leader of the School
- Serve as a Chief Administrator of the School
- Supervise and Develops Staff; Cultivate leadership in others
- Communicate with Stakeholders
- Shape the vision of success for all students within the CSUSA framework
- Lead the team, including all stakeholders, on a journey to sustainable success through long-term planning with ongoing monitoring, support and measurable milestones.
- Create a climate conducive to student success
- Improve teacher practice through ongoing observations, coaching, feedback and support
- Manage people, data and processes with the goal of school improvement
- Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Develop, advocate, and enact a shared mission, vision, and core values of high-quality education and academic success and well-being of each student
- Act ethically and according to professional CSUSA norms
- Strive for equity of educational opportunity and culturally responsive practices
- Develop and support intellectually rigorous and coherent systems of curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Cultivate an inclusive, caring, and supportive school community
- Develop the professional capacity and practice of school personnel
- Foster a professional community of teachers and other professional staff
- Engage families and the community in meaningful, reciprocal, and mutually beneficial ways
- Manage school operations and resources
- Act as agents of continuous improvement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates the ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Has the ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- Has the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Possesses problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Collaborates to establish and manage the school's budgets and resources, including negotiating variances and related reporting.
- Has experience with employee training and development.
- Possesses strong customer and student orientation.
- Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Has experience leading high performance teams and is a strong team player.
- Has a strong track record for analyzing complex problems/issues, identifying patterns and recommending creative solutions.
- Possesses broad conceptual perspective and forward-thinking on business issues and their long-term impact on the business unit, the finance function and the firm. Ability to systematically analyze complex issues and data.
- Is proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- Has detailed knowledge of Federal, State, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law preferred.
- No physical exertion required.
- Required to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Noise level may rise during periods of high student traffic.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). EVALUATION
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA Policy. DECLARATION
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Master's degree (MA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Professional Certification in Educational Leadership for Applicable State.
- Minimum 2yrs relevant experience (in school administration preferred) and/or training.
- Experience in student instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a school community toward improved academic achievement.
- Computer literacy skills; proficient in Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Student Information System (SIS).
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
Apply on company website