JOB PURPOSE: The Behavioral Aide is responsible for assisting in the general supervision and management of the children with behavioral issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors and supervises isolation time-out area(s) under the direction of a teacher or administrator.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed
- Monitors, supervises, and maintains discipline and order
- Collects behavioral data for the use of Functional Behavior Assessments.
- Assists in the implementation of individual Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Implements crisis prevention, crisis de-escalation, crisis intervention procedures, and post-crisis strategies
- Develops rapport with students.
- Investigates incidents of negative conduct of students occurring on school property.
- Coordinates investigative and prevention efforts with the Administration.
- Advises Administration of undesirable activities.
- Maintains confidentiality and professionalism regarding school affairs.
- Observes established school philosophy, policies and regulations
- Assists in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers and preparing needed materials and supplies for students' daily activities.
- Works individually or in small groups with students to review classroom instruction, listens to reading groups, or assists answering questions.
- Supervises outside playground activities.
- Helps with general housekeeping tasks.
- Assists the teacher in any other appropriate ways.
- Performs clerical tasks.
- Treats all children with dignity and respect.
- Attends all staff meetings and recommended training programs and conferences, including in-service training as may be required by the district.
- Operates and cares for instructional equipment used in the classroom.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Follows directions given by head teacher or immediate supervisor.
- Assists with the supervision of students outside the classroom such as: field trips to assist with student supervision and safety, during play period, lunchroom activities, dismissal, etc.
- Supervise the classroom when the teacher is out of the room.
- Maintains confidentiality about children, their families, and other employees outside the school.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information, documents, communications, incidents, etc., with discretion and in a conscientious manner.
- Cooperates and share professionally with other members of the staff.
- Promotes high academic/achievement for all children;
- Promotes a greater focus on teaching and learning;
- Promotes flexibility to stimulate local initiatives coupled with responsibility for student performance;
- Promotes improved linkages among schools, parents and communities.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of the company; supports the company's values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Has strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative staff. As unique situations present themselves, the employee must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Has the ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email communications.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strives to implement consistently best practices and positive character education.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual schools working conditions.
- May be noisy during high student traffic.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt under the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's Policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this position description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- High School degree, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Experience in working with children, preferably children with disabilities.
- Be in the process of becoming professionally prepared to supervise young children.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Commitment to company values.
- Adherence to the requirements of the Code of Ethics for the Education Profession.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Apply on company website