JOB PURPOSE:Create and implement a flexible program and classroom environment favorable to student learning and personal growth. Develop lesson plans consistent with established guidelines. Establish effective rapport with students, staff members and parents. Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge to provide an effective educational foundation, in accordance with each student's ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning opportunity
- Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of understanding regarding each student's abilities and needs.
- Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each student
- Demonstrate a variety / range of student learning modalities in each lesson
- Frequently utilizes diagnostic assessment of student learning
- Maintains accurate and complete student records
- Frequently evaluates student strengths and weaknesses, provides appropriate activities to address student needs and generates progress reports as required
- Refers students with suspected learning problems to appropriate support personnel
- Assigns lessons, corrects student work product and reviews oral presentations
- Coordinates class field trips
- Prepares students for state required achievement assessments
Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated work on display as appropriate
- Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom/playground behavior in accordance with CSUSA policy and guidelines, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and consistent manner
- Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines and goals.
- Plans individual and / group learning activities designed to meet instructional objective and students needs.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of supervisory personnel.
- Participates with other staff members in curriculum planning during designated meetings.
- Incorporates into planning all diagnostic information as required in the student's Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect supplies, equipment, materials and facilities needed to implement effectively the planned instructional program.
- Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes reasonable effort to communicate with parents/guardians when appropriate.
- Communicates clearly, consistently and positively with parents via all appropriate mediums.
- Cooperates with members of the administration and other staff.
- Maintains confidentiality about students.
- Attends parent communication activities.
- Participates in extracurricular activities as required.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports the company's values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize wisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative staff.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS).
- Strong student orientation.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Possession of valid teaching certification (as appropriate).
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as the Company may find appropriate and acceptable.
Apply on company website