10 Month Position
JOB PURPOSE:To assist in the support of the instructional program by creating a climate of health and well-being in the school and by addressing the health needs of the school, consistent with the goals set forth by CSUSA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in maintaining a complete, up-to-date health record system using available technology.
- Assist in monitoring newly enrolled students in order to ensure that state law and district policy are implemented concerning health issues (i.e., immunization, medical records).
- Assist school administration in advising and counseling students, staff and parents, as appropriate, concerning health issues.
- Makes referrals to school resources and/or community agencies as necessary.
- Provides first aid as needed.
- Assists emergency care givers as applicable.
- Maintains appropriate records as required.
School /Community Relations
- Communicates with parents/guardians as needed concerning their child's health.
- Keeps staff informed about relevant health issues.
- Communicates with various health-related organizations in the community and surrounding areas as needed for students and staff.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of employment.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- CPR Certified
- CNA Certification, LPA License or College Education preferrerd.
- Minimum of 1 year successful experience as a nurse's assistant or clinical assistant (preferred).
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
Apply on company website