DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital and Level II trauma center, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic surgery, wound care, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation, complete imaging services and The Baby Suites.
Demonstrates twenty four hour responsibility and accountability for operations, quality of services, and all aspects of safety and maintenance programs within the institution.
- Responsible for Emergency Preparedness and Emergency Management.
- Ensures provision of quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance/ and performance of equipment, instrumentation calibration, physical space, and training and education of staff.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for all aspects of safety and maintenance programs of the institution. Ensures safe, well-maintained environment of care assuring the safety and well-being of patients, family, physicians, staff, and visitors throughout organization.
- Manages and monitors all aspects of maintenance (preventive, corrective and scheduled) and construction projects to ensure quality standards are met.
- Demonstrates current knowledge and competency in regulatory compliance and ensures active organizational wide ongoing educational programs for self and staff.
- Ensures, leads and facilitates departmental and organization-wide compliance with all life safety codes, infection control, environment of care, JCAHO, legal and all regulatory and accrediting agency requirements.
- Applies the principles of continuous quality improvement to measure, monitor and assess effectiveness and potential adverse effects of delivery of service to optimize improvement in services and/or prevent patient injury.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff quarterly. This information is used to improve patient safety. Addresses patient safety in the Performance Improvement Plan.
- Collaborates with healthcare team members and actively participates with interdisciplinary teams and committees to ensure a safety environment of care.
- Supports and recognizes physicians as an important customer.
- Actively supports facility community efforts, and represents the hospital in the community through participation in community organizations, agencies, speaker bureaus etc.
- Models, fosters, and encourages a Service Excellence culture. Assumes responsibility and accountability for departmental implementation, execution, and practice of service excellence.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in managing productivity standards. Continuously evaluates and assesses staff assignment, and work process/design to enhance productivity and service delivery to meet stakeholder expectations and business goals.
- Actively seeks knowledge of current trends, methods, products and services and analyzes feasibility for implementation.
- Actively monitors budget and evaluates expenditures on a regular basis. Initiates recommendations to ensure department is operating within budget.
- Optimizes the use of supplies, equipment, utilities and services ensuring high level of service. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising safety, quality of care or services delivered.
- Demonstrates responsibility and fiscal accountability for all aspects of faculty services, renovations and construction projects.
- Provides leadership of the Facilities Services function, services and programs. Ensures selection and retention of competent workforce to ensure effective delivery of departmental services.
- Demonstrates accountability for maintaining and monitoring utilization of resources, physical space, equipment, department protocols, standards, policies, and practices.
- Provides leadership in effectively managing, facilitating and communicating organizational change. Encourages risk taking; fosters a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct. Personal/professional conduct reflects the Company's values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct.
- Manages staff performance through regular review, real time feedback, and performance planning. Ensures performance reviews are conducted on time. Actively coaches and mentors staff. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for orienting new staff to specific job duties with particular focus on safety and infection control.
- Communicates effectively and works collaboratively with all members of the regulatory agencies and interdisciplinary team to promote overall volume and growth initiatives.
- Develops, advises, and contributes to master facility plan, in collaboration with healthcare team, architects, and engineers to ensure consistency with Hospital vision, mission and values to promote overall volume and growth.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development. Actively promotes development of self and others through participation in professional organizations, educational opportunities, etc.
- Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS, and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Blood-borne pathogens, Hazard communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
- Demonstrates and promotes a positive customer service attitude, which encourages a quality environment of care and enhances the image/reputation of the facility.
- Demonstrates and promotes a culture of recognizing diversity and valuing individual strengths.
- Personal/professional conduct reinforces Company's values and promotes Code of Conduct. Demonstrates ethical and compliance principles in her/his daily activities.
- The leader meets his/her leadership obligations under the Ethics and Compliance program.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Six-ten years' experience with Plant Operations or similar functions in a hospital setting required.
- At least two-three years of experience in a Plant Operations management role required.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, ACHA, JCAHO, and other regulatory standards required
- Current FL licensure with the Florida Board of Professional Engineers is preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Engineer (CHE) Certification desirable.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Student Loan Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- And much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer/ EOE
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website