DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
To perform clerical and receptionist duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Capital Regional Medical Center. Provide quality care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Capital Regional Medical Center.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of intermediate patient care, to include vital signs, venipuncture, urinary catheterization, cardiac monitoring, and 12 lead EKG.
- Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patients right to privacy and protection of patient's confidentiality.
- Plans, organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and the Registered Nurse.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- May have access to the designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non-scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
- As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member, responds appropriately to a manpower request (a.k.a. Code Grey).
- Other duties as assigned.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Capital Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- High School or equivalency required
- EMT-B certificate from State of Florida, Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license, Medical Assistant or Military Medic/Corpsman training.
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Unit secretary skills preferred
- Cardiac monitoring preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Read and writes Basic English
- Ability to use a computer and calculator
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website