Description and Requirements From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise. ** Please note that location of this role is flexible **
Vice President, Pre-Sales is responsible for defining, building, and leading the PreSales and Value Engineering teams across the enterprise. A proven leader with excellent communication skills, effective and successful leadership, and the passion to pursue career goals is critical to this role.
- Understand BMC's vision and strategy and identify and execute change and operational initiatives to support it
- Create a Vision and an execution Plan with the Leadership team that drives belief and action
- Interface with Sales, R&D, Business Units and other business partners and be a voice of reason representing customer's value and interest for the long term
- Understand Business qualification and Forecasting to be a sound partner for sales leadership
- Align to top accounts and opportunities and play as Executive sponsor, fostering a network of champions
- Align the Presales organization to proactively lead the sales process, with quality technical and value activities and deliverables
- Drive customer engagement and sales process in support of exceptional quarterly and annual sales achievement.
- Understand BMC's solutions and the value implications for our customers
- Represent BMC in public events, customer meetings and analyst relationships
- Be one of the top speakers in the company and coach Presales Leaders to follow the example
- Identify metrics and control points in the processes to measure the Presales business and its trends
- Play a critical role in performing due diligence of the Presales function for new company acquisitions
- Promote top quality Recruiting, Onboarding, Development, Performance Management process to continuously take the organization to the next level
- Manage expenses and overall budget to meet financial targets
- 10+ years of equivalent experience as Presales leader in a large software enterprise, ideally with a deep functional knowledge of customer success
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's is desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to analyze data, determine insights and develop programs to drive performance improvement
- Experience with building, developing and growing channel life cycles
- Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred.
- Deep experience in both on prem and SaaS enterprise software.
- Exceptional relationship building, collaboration and team development skills
- Passion and experience for identifying business improvement opportunities and driving organizational change
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors. BMC never asks for payment from individuals seeking employment with the company.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.
- < Back to search results
Apply on company website