Description and Requirements From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise. The BMC Software Technical Support Analyst (TSA) provides product technical support to our customers. Their primary responsibility involves gathering problem documentation, re-creating customer issues and interacting with customers via phone, email, WEBEX, and our customer support application.
Tech Support Analyst's must demonstrate working knowledge of the products they support and are able to troubleshoot complex customer issues with limited assistance. They possess a strong general technical background and/or education that enable them to understand the products they support. Technical Support Analyst's strive to provide customers excellent initial and follow-up response and make good decisions about when to escalate issues to ensure excellent customer service. Technical Support Analyst's provide product and procedure mentoring for new-hires.
- Testing product fixes prior to delivering to customers
- Processing/packaging new solutions to make them customer ready
- Setting up test environments for problem re-creation, fix validation
- Reviewing technical documentation
- Solid support experience working in the IT Industry
- Good interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications
- Ability to maintain professionalism in stressful situations
- Perform job requirements on a daily basis with a high level of autonomy
- Ability to multitask, balance priorities and a strong desire to help people solve problems are essential
- Act as knowledge champion in creating and improving the quality of Knowledge Base
- This position also requires participation in an on-call (off-hours/weekend) rotation
Candidates must have extensive working experience with IBM Mainframe z/OS systems (z/OS 2.2 and higher preferred). Specifically, IBM IMS system (13.1 and later) knowledge and database administration (DBA) experience in the areas of database planning, design, and creation. Knowledge of the IMS DBDGEN, PSBGEN, and ACBGEN utilities is required.
The ideal candidate for this position has been an IMS DBA for more than 5 years, and has experience with the Full Function IMS Database and Backup/Recovery utilities from BMC Software.
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors. BMC never asks for payment from individuals seeking employment with the company.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.
- < Back to search results
Apply on company website