**UP TO $7500 SIGN ON BONUS**
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Assist the Physician in total care of Cardiovascular patients in the Cardiovascular Lab. Assist in the direction of auxiliary personnel as well as coordinating the ancillary services in the care of all cardiovascular patients.
Duty 1: The Cath Lab RN will demonstrate the ability to be self-directed and function independently in the Cath Lab.
Duty 2: The RN will demonstrate the ability to assess, implement and evaluate patient condition and provide the appropriate nursing response to patient and family while they are under the care of the Cath Lab staff.
Duty 3: The Cath Lab RN will facilitate interdisciplinary communication in scheduling of procedures and delivering patient care in a timely fashion.
Duty 4: RN will explain procedures to patient ensuring understanding, comfort, safety and privacy, as well as inquiring of patient and/or representative a thorough medical history as it pertains to the procedure being done.
Duty 5: RN will assist in preparing procedure rooms with needed supplies prior to starting the procedures and demonstrates knowledge of nursing procedures and nursing care as it relates to the Cath Lab.
Duty 6: Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to the department and/or regulatory agencies.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing and a current Ohio registration.
- Current ACLS and BCLS certification is required and must be maintained.
- Required 3-5 years of nursing experience with a minimum of 1-2 years in critical care nursing.
- EKG interpretation skills required
Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Must be proficient in interpreting EKG and hemodynamic pressure tracings
Must be able to operate the following equipment: x-ray table, camera, video recorder, ultrasound machines, and pressure injectors
Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Cardiac Catherization Lab experience is preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to reach work above the shoulders. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. This position requires exposure to cold work environment.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV,HIV, etc.) and also possible radiation exposure.
Apply on company website