PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To assist the pharmacy department with routine daily functions that are not associated with patient care or the prescription filling process. Supports the pharmacy with various administrative duties such as greeting customers, answering the telephone, billing functions, and running the cash register.
Duty 1: Assists the pharmacy department with all administrative tasks. Answers phone and screens calls for pharmacist. Greets all customers and provides excellent customer service at all times.
Duty 2: Handles all cashier related responsibilities including the end of day reconciliation of the registers
Duty 3: Processes all incoming and outgoing mail
Duty 4: Handles the ordering, inventory responsibilities, and stock replenishment for non-prescription products.
Duty 5: Maintains a neat and orderly work area at all times.
Duty 6: Performs all opening/closing procedures at the direction of departmental leadership
Duty 7: Create a professional relationship with the clients using good verbal and non-verbal communication. Promote return visits.
Duty 8: Supports fellow staff members. Maintains a positive attitude regardless of work flow. Follows through on problem resolution to the satisfaction of all involved. Promotes good relations between all pharmacy staff members. Maintains a professional attitude when dealing with other healthcare professionals, patients, etc. Always provides upward support of leadership within the organization.
Duty 9: Safely deliver orders to patients' homes, obeying all traffic laws and maintaining compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- High school graduate with demonstrated Math/Science skills
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver's license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to respect confidentiality of all patient data
- Typing and computer skills
- Willingness to succeed and grow individually as well as part of a team
- Ability to perform short jobs and repetitive activities with accuracy
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, push, pull, climb, stoop, kneel, stand and walk a moderate amount. Some exposure to heat, cold, possible bodily injury and toxic substances. * Visual acuity required.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
- Administrative/Receptionist experience
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate must be able to stand for five hours, walk for two hours and sit for one hour per day. The individual must be able to lift up to 35 pounds. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must have excellent eye-hand coordination and reach work above their shoulders. Associate must have excellent verbal communication skills. Also requires exposure to heat, cold, possible bodily injury and other toxic substances.
Apply on company website