PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, Clinical Manager or designee assists in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in the Nursing Station by performing clerical and tech duties and maintaining the physical environment of the area. Support the licensed staff by providing direct and indirect patient care as assigned.
Duty 1: Demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served to facilitate the identification and reporting of changes in patient condition or behavior.
Duty 2: Assist with patient care and room preparation as directed by nursing staff or designee to address patient needs and safety.
Duty 3: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 4: Order and restock patient care supplies as needed to provide adequate stock to meet daily patient care needs, keeps nurses station supplied and organized, makes up charts and maintains office supplies, orders and keeps blank forms stocked
Duty 5: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 6: Answers the telephone, transfers calls to appropriate departments, takes messages and communicates messages to the appropriate person using telephone etiquette.
Duty 7: Assists with arranging transport for patients if needed.
Duty 8: Will demonstrate competency for OB specific testing of newborns; i.e. Newborn Hearing Screening and Metabolic Screening Test.
Duty 9: Demonstrates OB Specific competencies that include Delivery set-up and clean-up, I&O's, feed, weigh, change and bathe babies.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Current BLS CPR certification or willingness to obtain upon hire
- Experience in a healthcare, patient care setting, or certified STNA, or current student enrolled in a healthcare major
- Positive service oriented communication skills
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills
- Expert using technology, strong typing, and computer skills
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Current Notary Public or willing to obtain Notary Public certification (Maternity/OB positions only)
- Medical terminology/medical training experience
- Secretary, receptionist, registration and/or customer service experience
- Surgical experience (Maternity/OB positions only)
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc).
Apply on company website