PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Performs day-to-day housekeeping activities to assure facility is maintained in a neat, clean and safe manner. Complies with federal, state and location standards, guidelines and regulations governing the facility and as may be instructed by the Director of Environmental Services.
- Duty 1: Delivers a clean environment performing duties as assigned to EVS policies and procedures. Does this in compliance with Joint Commission Standards, Federal, State, and Local Regulatory Agencies.
- Duty 2: Completes Hard Floor Care, strips, waxes and buffs floors, cleans, shampoos, disinfecting carpets and upholstery as assigned.
- Duty 3: Moves furniture, equipment and supplies in a safe and responsible manner utilizing good body mechanics to enhance a safe environment.
- Duty 4: Distributes and handles clean and soiled linen as assigned.
- Duty 5: Turns in department documentation within established time frames (daily sheets/monthly sheets and request for time off)
- Duty 6: Attends and participates where/when requested in educational, in-services, process improvements, accreditation processes and customer service/satisfaction as required and actively participates in staff meetings.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English in order to follow oral and written directions and document completion or status of assignments.
- Knowledge of simple mathematics required for determining supply usage and completion of time schedule reports.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status.
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- High school education
- Ability to operate environmental service equipment
This position requires a full range of body motion walking, lifting, bending, climbing, and standing. Must be able to lift, push, pull and move furniture, equipment, supplies and handle infectious/hazardous waste materials in a safe manner. The individual associate must be able to lift fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The associate must be able to operate heavy equipment, auto scrubbers, high speed machines and power washers. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
Apply on company website