Do you want to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment, where no two days are the same? We're looking for an Accountant who enjoys both a buzz and a challenge.
Accountant II, Corporate Accounting and Finance
Full-time, (home)based in the US
We're BCD Travel, one of the world's leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment, where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don't just take our word for it: we've been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People, Flexjobs and Forbes.
You will work closely with the Director of Financial Reporting. The primary goals are to record journal entries, prepare financial reports, upload exchange rates for multiple currencies in Peoplesoft, communicate with staff on the intercompany differences within the region both on the balance sheet and the P&L statements in order to resolve the differences, and assist with the input of data in the movement schedules in SAP BPC. You are also responsible for preparing certain account reconciliations, as well as supporting upper management in various ad-hoc reporting.
A snapshot of this opportunity
· Utilize PeopleSoft in creating and/or generating Financial Reports
· Complete mandatory financial reporting surveys submitted by Governmental agencies
· Upload financial data into our global consolidation tool SAP BPC in order to be able to generate global consolidated reporting for BCD Travel and subsidiaries
· Prepare statistical reporting on sales and transactions
· Perform annual 1099 reporting Record elimination entries on the balance sheet and P&L
· Assist in the input of the cash flow data and capital expenditures data in SAP BPC
· Assist with the preparation of the Americas Monthly Management report. This includes updating all charts and graphs and financial figures within the report.
Ensure that the data in PeopleSoft is always in sync with the data in SAP BPC for BCD Travel and for the Americas region
How you can set yourself apart
- Minimum 2 years' experience in general ledger accounting
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience in PeopleSoft and SAP BPC
- Critical and analytical thinker
- Take initiative in improving processes
At BCD Travel, we work with highly motivated and passionate people. We value open communication, collaboration, and a flexible work-life balance. We offer unique, often global, experiences that empower you to develop and grow within the organization. Sustainability and helping others is also high on our list. We make a difference through charitable activities in our communities across the globe.About us
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with a global client retention rate of 98%, the highest in the industry. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.Interested?
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: send your application via the website only.Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
*Note: We'll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.
Apply on company website