JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Works collaboratively with and under the direct supervision of a registered nurse to participate in the delivery of patient care for the improvement of quality of life for patients and families. Job is performed appropriately for the age population served as defined in the department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates the Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their job.
• Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and their families, physicians, and the community.
• Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and vital signs.
• Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the customer asks.
• Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
• Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of customers through personal action and attention t the environment of care.
• Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
• Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal requirements of the position and department.
• Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational records.
• Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
• Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments.
• Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even when workload and demands are high.
• Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity, and fairness.
• Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
• Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
• Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work processes.
• Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work processes.
• Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality initiatives.
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost management practices.
• Effectively manages time and resources
• Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of the organization — material, human, and financial.
• Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee safety practices.
• Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
• Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries or potential injuries.
• Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee safety standards at all times.
• Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques, equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and plans.
• Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides direct patient care and assist the nursing staff with patient duties.
• Obtains and documents complete vital signs of patients.
• Monitors and documents intake and output as assigned.
• Assists patients/families with activities of daily living (i.e., bathing, feeding, personal hygiene, and ambulating).
• Assists with the initiation and removal of non-invasive monitoring equipment, as directed.
• Reports changes in the patient's condition, in a timely and accurate manner, to the patient's primary nurse.
• Assists with the collection and transport of specimens in accordance with the universal precaution policy.
• Performs waste removal from all areas of the patient care unit, including hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
• Retrieves medications from pharmacy in accordance with BRGMC policy.
• Ensures patient safety by adhering to BRGMC Safety Policy guidelines.
• Assists in patient transport.
• Performs effectively in emergency response situations in accordance with BRGMC Code Blue policy.
• Actively participates in maintaining the cleanliness of the patient care environment.
• Demonstrates flexibility with staffing, scheduling, and assignment changes as needed.
2. Performs clerical or Unit Clerk duties as assigned.
• Receives and assists visitors to the unit in accordance with Everyday Excellence values.
• Ensures appropriate charge capture, and assists Unit Manager in tracking lost charges.
• Notifies charge nurse/nurse assigned to patient of STAT and Now physician orders and completes appropriate paperwork and computer entry as required.
• Answers intercom in a timely and courteous manner, communicating messages to appropriate personnel.
• Stocks and maintains supplies in patient care area.
3. Participates in the implementation of an interdisciplinary plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary health care team to deliver direct patient care utilizing nursing practice standards, and universal blood and body fluid precautions.
• Utilizes interventions that are consistent with the patient's plan of care.
• Performs ongoing and systematic report of information according to department standard or more frequently based on patient condition.
• Maintains patient rights.
• Ensures that patients receive appropriate patient care in a timely manner.
• Assists the RN in coordinating patient care with appropriate support services.
• Participates in providing individualized patient education to patient and families.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to plan patient discharge.
• Documents all patient care and patient/family education in a timely manner.
4. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Previous job experience preferred.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Nursing Assistant Certification or Basic EMT Certification or Military Medic experience or Nursing Student with completion of fundamental nursing clinical in RN program desired.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Medical records without limitation both paper and electronic, patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient information related to surgery or appointment schedules, medical records related to quality/data, patient financial information, patients related complaints, information related to patient location, and religious beliefs.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE, exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient identification, transporting patients, transporting medications and blood, and monitoring clinical alarms.
Apply on company website