JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Assist the physician in coordinating care appropriatefor the needsfor the age population served, as defined in the department's scope of service and under the direction/supervision of the physician, clinic RN and/or clinic manager
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their job.
- Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and their families, physicians, and the community.
- Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and vital signs.
- Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the customer asks.
- Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of customers through personal action and attention to the environment of care.
- Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and anticipates information needs of customers
- Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal requirements of the position and department.
- Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational records.
- Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
- Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments. Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even when workload and demands are high.
- Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity, and fairness.
- Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
- Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work processes.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work processes.
- Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality initiatives.
- Effectively manages time and resources
- Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of the organization — material, human, and financial.
- Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee safety practices.
- Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
- Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries or potential injuries.
- Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee safety standards at all times.
- Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques, equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and plans.
1. Performs basic physical assessment on patients collecting data essential for treatment.
- Collects all assessment data prior to the physician encounter in accordance with policy and communicates the presence of emergent identified problems immediately to the physician.
- Data collected (patients' height, weight, vital signs and history) is 100% accurate.
2. Performs patient care according to standards of care and the needs of the patient.
- Administers medications as ordered by physician and adhering to policy, with 100% accuracy.
- Satisfactorily, performs treatments as prescribed and directed by physician and adhering to policy.
- Satisfactorily performs independent treatments as patient condition warrants as ordered by physician, adhering to clinic policy and protocol.
- Performs phlebotomy as directed by physician, using proper technique 100% of the time, and in compliance with company policy.
3. Answers and responds to all incoming patient care related phone calls.
- Assesses and accurately determines the purpose of the call according to policy.
- Discusses the nature of the call with the physician and responds according to physician instruction.
- Documents, with 100% accuracy, all independent actions and physician instructions.
4. Assists in the data management processes of the clinic.
- Assists with clinic charges, with 100% accuracy, as needed.
- Updates, with 100% accuracy, patient clinical records as needed.
- 5. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1-2 years in the clinic setting
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Completion of a Medical Assistant program preferred. Current Medical Assistant Certification required.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: paper and electronic medical records without limitation, patient demographics, lab, radiology and films results, surgery/appt schedules, patient financial and 3rd party billing information, patients related complaints, information related to patient location and religious beliefs.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: incident reporting, handles wastes, sharps and linens, PPE, exposure control plans, hand washing, environmental rounds to ensure safety, administers meds/bloods products, receives orders for patients, clinical alarms, collects blood samples for all age groups.
Apply on company website