Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Job Category:Administrative Services
At Banner - University Medical Group (BUMG), we're creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
As a scheduler on this team, you will be responsible for receiving inbound referrals from many different sources and scheduling patients for various treatment and procedures. You will help coordinate insurance and break down barriers for our patients to access the clinic. You will help coordinate directly with patients and helping support them in their journey by making sure they receive great care and instructions.
Some of the Banner University Medical Group-Phoenix clinics currently hiring for qualified OR/Surgery Schedulers are:
Wound Care Clinic
Sport Medicine Clinic
Clinics in the BUMG-Phoenix family include (but are not limited to):
Heart Institute, Digestive Health, Toxicology, Behavioral Health, Infectious Disease, Lung Institute, Rheumatology, Endoscopy, Musculoskeletal, Concussion Clinic, Integrated Surgery, Urology, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Trauma Services, Women's Institute, Neuroscience Institute, Wound Care Clinic, Family Medicine Clinic, Internal Medicine Clinic, Bariatric Clinic, Sport Medicine Clinic, Advanced Liver Disease Clinic, Diabetes and Endocrinology Institute
Any of the BUMG clinics may have openings that you could be considered for in the near future.
All of these clinics are located within walking distance to the Banner University Medical Center in Phoenix (located near 12th and McDowell).
While the start and end times can vary slightly, these are almost always full time (40 hours/week), day shift positions:
Monday-Friday 8A-5P being the most common shift.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
This position is responsible for scheduling surgical, cardiovascular or obstetrical procedures using a computerized scheduling system. The position is also responsible for entering patient charges, orders, and other pertinent information into the system and compiling and reporting statistical information to management. The incumbent may act as an office liaison for department staff, physicians, and patient families.
1. Coordinates case times for elective, urgent or emergent surgeries, cardiovascular or obstetrical procedures in a computerized scheduling system. Verifies and reviews physician privilege status prior to scheduling. Interfaces with medical staff office to maintain log of current privilege status and maintains confidentially of all information. May acquire and maintain physician preference information and staff roster.
2. Acquires authorization numbers, History and Physicals, results of laboratory tests and verifies that they are current. Orders previous medical records for the day of the procedure, when necessary.
3. Types and prints physician orders for multiple physicians and departments. Schedules and maintains physician block time, and block time releases.
4. Enters physician's orders for lab, blood bank, medical imaging, and cardiology. Enters results of diagnostic tests, patient registration information and patient charges. Compiles data and prepares statistical reports for management.
5. Conducts charge management audits for assigned area. Reconciles charge packet information with the audit. Identifies missed or incorrect charges and corrects when appropriate.
6. Acts as a receptionist to assigned unit; answers phones, relays message. Greets and directs patients, visitors, physicians, and families and answers questions about policies and procedures. Acts as a liaison among nursing units, physician and staff to relay patient data. Screens requests for patient information and refers to appropriate staff. Records and types minutes of staff meetings, when required. Prepares and distributes staff call roster each month.
7. Enters facility work orders and supply orders when required by assigned department. Requests repairs/maintenance for business machines in the department. Arranges for pickup and delivery of instruments and equipment and completes all necessary paperwork.
8. This position has responsibility for scheduling surgeries and procedures and maintaining a smooth workflow in the area. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, under stressful situations, set priorities and maintain highly confidential information.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 2 years of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital central scheduling or physician office scheduling setting. Knowledge of medical terminology is required. Also requires knowledge of payor contract terms and processes. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Requires effective teamworking skills and the ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards.
The position requires knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and the ability to use computerized scheduling systems. Must possess the ability to maintain accurate statistical records, gather data, and produce reports.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website