Primary City/State:Peoria, Arizona
Department Name:Banner Staffing Services-AZ
Job Category:Administrative Services
A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities – you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions offer flexibility in scheduling and are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Registry/Per Diem positions require a minimum of 4 shifts a month commitment. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
This position records medical details, gathers data, and coordinates tests, orders and results as necessary to ensure an accurate and complete medical record. Assembles and maintains patients' health information in medical records and charts by assisting medical providers and physicians. No medical decision making is performed.
1. Accompanies provider during patient examination.
2. Accurately and thoroughly documents pertinent patient information as instructed by the provider. Records details of chief complaint, history of present illness, review of systems, social history, past medical history, family medical history, allergies, medications, problems and diagnoses, history and physical, and any pertinent positive and negative findings.
3. May propose orders in the EHR based on clinical setting.
4. Documents details of procedures and treatments, laboratory test results, radiology test results and assists with documenting radiographic impressions performed by the provider.
5. Assists with verifying all tests (lab, x ray, EKG, etc.) have been completed and the results have been received, reviewed and recorded in the medical record.
6. Selects patient education leaflets from the EHR as instructed by the provider.
7. Assists in preparing paperwork for patient discharge.
8. Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
9. Works under the direction of Physicians or independent licensed practitioner providing documentation assistance. Internal customers include patients, facility personnel, medical providers and physicians. External customers may include patient family.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Two years of experience in acute care or multi-specialty clinic using electronic medical record software or maintaining medical records.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website