Primary City/State:Worland, Wyoming
Department Name:Environmental Svcs-Hosp
Job Category:Facilities and Environmental Services
You have a place in the health care industry. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role. Facility Services ensures all our hospitals, clinics and medical offices are in tip-top shape for our patients. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Worland is located within the Big Horn Basin and along the Big Horn River in beautiful Northwestern Wyoming. A community hub, Worland has a proud heritage of initiative, innovation and offers a wealth of recreational opportunities.
As a Housekeeping EVS Associate at Washakie Medical Center, you will be working in all areas of the hospital, helping with turning over the rooms after patient discharge, helping with trash pickup, ensuring the facility is clean, and more! This is a fun department that works hard, has great team camaraderie, and takes pride in their work. This is a per diem position, with no guarantee of shift or hours, just helping to provide coverage as needed. If you are looking for a fantastic, rewarding position with a great team, this role is for you - apply today!
This is a per diem opportunity that will work on-call as determined by department needs. Per diem positions are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. You will be eligible to apply to regular full-time or part-time opportunities as an internal applicant. In addition, you will enjoy excellent compensation, shift differentials, paid orientation, employee wellness program and employee discounts.With a 50-year tradition of quality caring, Washakie Medical Center in Worland, Wyo. is a 18-bed critical access hospital with "big city" capabilities. This includes a 64-slice CT scanner, 3D tomosynthesis mammography, 1.5 tesla MRI, Ultrasound, fluro, electronic medical records and a full service, state-of-the-art lab. Our trauma ED is staffed with full-time physicians and our surgery services include 24/7 CRNA coverage including OB epidurals, two general surgeons, orthopedic surgery, and ambulatory treatment. In addition, we provide a variety of wellness activities and feature an active rehab department. Job Description
This position performs all cleaning of patient rooms and/or assigned areas. Works as a member of the environmental service team to ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others.
1. Performs a variety of assigned cleaning tasks, including dusting, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming and polishing according to departmental policy and procedures. Must plan the completion of these tasks daily.
2. Empties hampers and transports of soiled linen. Empties trash containers and removes all trash. Empties all medical waste containers, including sharps.
3. Inventories, restocks and replenish supplies such as toilet tissue, paper towels, hand soap, etcetera, located in all assigned areas of the facility.
4. Maintains cleanliness of departmental equipment and notifies appropriate personnel as repairs become necessary. Protects equipment from damage by proper use; properly logs out and in equipment that has been used.
5. May perform special projects such as: windows washing, wall washing, removing heavily soiled items or furnishings.
6. Responds to questions and requests from patients, staff and visitors. Meets or exceeds goals for customer service satisfaction.
7. Under regular supervision, this position has responsibility at an assigned facility/area only. Internal customers include facility staff, physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, supervisors, managers, and executives. External customers include visitors, patients, and employees from other company and non-company facilities.
Requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team without continuous supervision. Must be able to interpret and respond to verbal and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively with others by phone and verbally. Must be able to read and understand material safety data sheets and instructions for mixing and use of cleaning chemicals, and able to fill out chemical identification stickers.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility, Olive Branch Senior Center or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website