Primary City/State:Tucson, Arizona
Job Category:Clinical Care
At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the health care experience the best it can be! Our team has come together with a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
As a EEG/END Technologist at Banner University Medical Center Tucson, you will have the opportunity to work with a team that provides epilepsy monitoring to patients and help with 24/7 EEG coverage and monitor our patients safely. This opportunity is full-time; 40hrs/wk.University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet™ designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
This position performs prescribed electroencephalographic procedures to patients. This position analyzes data during the recording, making certain that the information being obtained is valid and interpretable.
1. Performs prescribed standard electroencephalographic procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
2. Analyzes, identifies and documents procedures as outlined by departmental policies and procedures to maximize patient outcome.
3. Ensures an accurate and readable recording using deductive reasoning to trouble shoot minor problems and make adjustments as needed during the procedure.
4. Collects and/or reviews pertinent medical, historical, and medication information in order to perform the appropriate study prescribed by the physician as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
5. Assists with activities to improve department processes, facilitate testing and maintain quality to achieve optimal patient results.
6. Assists in scheduling of patients, charge entry and maintains equipment as outlined by department policies and procedures.
7. Independently performs prescribed electroencephalographic procedures to patients. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with one year of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, basic mathematical skills, analyze data and solve basic problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website