Primary City/State:Mesa, Arizona
Department Name:Banner Staffing Services-AZ
Job Category:Human Resources
This position coordinates and processes all codes, emergencies and responses for several facilities. Provides quality customer service and accurate information to internal and external customers by efficiently processing and responding to all incoming, outgoing, interdepartmental & inter-facility calls as well as alphanumeric paging, overhead paging and after hours on call requests for several departments within the same facilities.
1. Responds to, processes and documents all code arrests, traumas, fire alarms (including troubles, disables and tests), emergencies and disasters following established policies and procedures for several facilities and the organization's central call center using computer based emergency procedures and group pages. Notifies appropriate hospital/facility personnel and coordinates communication with facility-based staff, local fire jurisdictions, alarm monitoring companies and other external constituents as required.
2. Understands and appropriately utilizes all emergency backup equipment and procedures to maintain facility communications in the event of equipment or system failures including evacuation/relocation procedures of department staff and functions. Must understand and be able to assist in setting up emergency communications at each facility in the event of communication failure. Must be able to page codes, notify emergency personnel, process calls and associated functions via phone and hand held microphones using downtime procedures including hard copy code procedures, directories, personnel lists and on call schedules.
3. Accurately and efficiently processes a high volume of incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental calls providing information to callers and responding to caller requests in a professional, confidential and courteous manner. Follows written and computer based procedures to ensure that calls are processed according to individual facility guidelines.
4. Uses the integrated computer/telephone (CTI) workstation to access information for a designated group of facilities, processing calls for patients, facilities, staff, departments, physicians and the community at large. Locates database information quickly and process calls accurately utilizing computer based directories, web based and database on-call schedules, physician/staff rosters, patient databases, organization's intranet, and other available resources.
5. Functions as an answering service for numerous on-call groups/physicians for several facilities by documenting required information from patients, staff and physicians. Contacts designated on-call personnel and relays accurate, time critical information prior to connecting them to the caller in a prompt manner as set forth by each on-call group/physician. Follows detailed instructions established by each group/physician and shows initiative and problem solving skills when having difficulty reaching active on-call staff. Maintains accurate on-call documentation on appropriate log sheet as set forth by each group/physician.
6. Proactively and continuously identifies opportunities to improve processes and enhance database information. Presents findings and recommendations to management.
7. Works closely with all departments, staff and customers at several facilities to ensure efficient operations. Customers include patients, employees, volunteers, departments, physicians, organizational entities, external vendors and the community at large.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Reading, writing and math skills.
Must possess good oral and written communication, as well as listening skills to effectively interact pleasantly and calmly with incoming callers. Must possess basis computer skills, including familiarity with computer keyboards. Must be able to effectively prioritize and make sound decisions following established department policies, procedures and standards. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to learn and apply department procedures to react quickly to emergency situations, as well as process calls within defined standards. Must possess the ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
Previous telephone/customer service experience highly desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions offer flexibility in scheduling and are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Registry/Per Diem positions require a minimum of 4 shifts a month commitment. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
Apply on company website