Primary City/State:Casper, Wyoming
Job Category:Revenue Cycle
Schedule: Per Diem/Assignment Based; hours are not guaranteed.
Inpatient: Sunday - Saturday 6:00am to 6:00pm
Emergency Dept.: Sunday - Saturday 5:00am to 5:00pm, 11:00am to 11:00pm, and 5:00pm to 5:00am
You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference – and real change in the health care industry – you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Do you have a passion to provide superior customer service to all patients? Do you have experience in patient registration at a hospital or doctor's office setting, and want to continue to advance your career? We want to hear from you! Responsibilities of Patient Access include warmly greeting each patient, ensure accurate demographics are captured, verify insurance benefits, generate estimates based on services rendered and provide financial options if needed.
So why should you choose us? It is simple… A Patient Access Representative is a great first step in a healthcare career. At Banner Health, our Patient Access team is committed to the growth and development of our team members. This has resulted in several successful promotions into positions of greater scope and responsibility. We also have a robust education platform, reimbursement for nationally recognized certifications and financial incentives for performance. So join us on our journey to make health care easier, so life can be better.
Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.Banner Wyoming Medical Center is located in the heart of Casper Wyoming. As the state's largest inpatient facility, Wyoming Medical Center is known and highly regarded for its cardiac and stroke services. With 249 beds and a level 2 trauma center, Wyoming Medical Center is proud to serve the entire state of Wyoming. Job Description
This position is the first point of contact at healthcare facilities and assists patients with the administrative aspect of gaining access to medical treatment. This position is in a hospital-based setting which includes Emergency Dept, Inpatient, Obstetrics, Outpatient, etc. Responsible for in person patient intake and registration, providing superior customer service, accurately identifying, and obtaining authorizations patients' insurance, verifying eligibility and benefits, generating patient estimates for services rendered, financial counseling, and collecting patient liability. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer issues and provides excellent customer service.
1. Verifies patient's demographics and accurately inputs this information into EHR, including documenting the account thoroughly to maximize reimbursement and minimize denials/penalties from the payor(s).
2. Proficiency with multiple services including, but not limited to inpatient, observation, emergency, obstetrics, surgery, imaging. This position may cover services 24/7.
3. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of insurance guidelines for all services. Proficiently verifies, reads, and understands insurance benefits.
4. Demonstrates proficient understanding that this position creates the first impression for our patient's experience with Banner Health. Demonstrates a positive patient experience through interactions and effective communication.
5. Proficient understanding of payer authorization guidelines. Accurately submits timely notification according to insurance guidelines using various systems to reduce/eliminate denials. Consistently meets all registration related key performance indicators as determined by management.
6. Obtains federal/state compliance information, consents and documentation required by the patient's insurance plan(s). This includes a thorough understanding of accurately completing hospital-based compliance forms required by CMS. Uses multiple computer applications proficiently.
7. Consistently discusses financial liability with the patient(s) and/or families that includes: collection in full of patient liability, assisting patient in applying for Banner Line of Credit, setting up payment plans and/or assisting patient with Banner Financial Assistance policy/application.
8. Provides a variety of patient services and financial services tasks. May be assigned functions such as transporting patients, training new hire employees, recapping daily deposits, posting daily deposits, or conducting other work assignments of the Patient Access Services team.
9. Works independently under regular supervision and follows structured work routines. Works in a high-volume, fast paced, clinical environment which requires to ability to be adaptable, critical thinking, and independent decision making and to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient's care. Primary external customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third-party payors.
High school diploma/GED is required.
Must have customer service skills or knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience.
Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences. Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, database software, and typing ability are required.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Associate's degree in Business Management is preferred.
CHAA certification is preferred.
Previous patient access and/or cash collections experience is preferred. Work experience with the Company's systems and processes is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Apply on company website