Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Evaluate and make suggestions on procedures or process improvements to create further efficiency.
- Ensure high efficiency and availability of network infrastructure, supporting Banfield's remote hospitals and team members at Banfield's corporate headquarters.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution, working as a member of cross-functional team on critical issues.
- Deploy, support, maintain, and monitor networking infrastructure devices.
- Provide tactical and strategic input on overall system planning, and related projects.
- Work effectively as a member of cross-functional project teams, providing documentation, tracking and reporting as needed.
- Design, build and maintain cloud infrastructure in Azure, AWS and Oracle.
- Assist DevOps teams in design, deployment and operational support workstreams.
- IPAM, DNS and certificate management.
- WAF, Solarwinds Cisco ASA/Firepower administration.
- Palo Alto Firewall and VPN administration.
- Document solutions during entire lifecycle (i.e., high- and low-level design, build, deploy, support).
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Systems Analysis is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- CCNP certification and Azure Admin certification is strongly preferred.
- Eight years of IT experience are required, with at least three years specializing in Cloud Network Design, Configuration, and Troubleshooting designing IPv4 routing protocols, including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP.
- Significant experience with F5's, Big-IP, Big-IQ, Palo Alto firewalls is required, as well as experience with other next-gen application firewalls.
- Proficiency in wide area network technologies, Broadband, T1 circuits and MPLS, SDWAN technology and concepts is required with LAN switching concepts and protocols, hands on experience with Spanning Tree and trunking between network components and virtual hosts preferred.
- Experience with traditional site to site IPSec VPNs in addition to remote access technologies is required.
- Proficiency in Cisco datacenter administration with Nexus 5K, 7K, 9K is required.
- Proficiency in supporting the following protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, NTN, IP, DNS, IPSEC is required.
- Experience in monitor platforms, SNMP monitoring and administration is preferred.
- Experience in scripting, PowerShell and Python is preferred.
- Code administration and automation experience with tools such as Ansible, Teraform is preferred.
- Audit/compliance/regulatory experience is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Apply on company website