Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Senior Systems Analyst is to work in a data warehouse or in business intelligence tools like Power BI to design and build analytical structures and data marts.
Create prototypes for new corporate metrics for end users which contributes toward improving Banfield's internal workflow and documentation practices.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Understand the high-level architecture of Banfield's data warehouse as well as connecting to various reporting solutions as needed (Business Objects, Power BI, Oracle BICS, etc).
- Design workflows, document practices, and recommend solutions when posed with new business or technical questions.
- Build Power BI data models and reports leveraging DAX and M skills
- Utilize PL/SQL skills to prototype new corporate metrics in a sandbox environment and is the business liaison when the metric is ready to be formalized in the central data warehouse.
- Maintain data quality by reporting issues to the Data Warehouse team and incorporating workarounds as necessary.
- Data integration, directly and through Data Warehouse.
- Partner with business analysts on the team to build rapport between non-technical clients and the IT department to design the best possible technical solution for the end user.
- Document business and technical requirements.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information processed and proprietary nature of software/database.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Five years related experience in database development or reporting analysis is required.
- Knowledge of how to practice requirements engineering according to several software development life cycles in a team environment. Requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them, preferred.
- Experience within Finance or HRIS is preferred.
- Health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.JOB DESCRIPTION
Apply on company website