Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Oversee radiation equipment permits and medical and hazardous waste permits including initial applications and monitoring for and submitting renewals, change of ownership, relocations, and closures.
- Provide excellent customer service to all field leaders, hospital associates and various departments at CTS with questions related to HSE programs and permits.
- Prepare and submit responses to inspections by applicable state officials, working with hospital leaders to resolve inspection issues.
- Act as main point of contact for agency regulators' inquiries and concerns.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with cross-functional teams within the practice, collaborating with others to drive efficiencies and improvements in processes.
- Assist HSE Manager with regulatory research and analysis.
- Assist with management of Health & Safety programs including developing and implementing training, standard operating procedures, audits, and resources, as identified by line manager.
- Collaborate closely with Hospital Leaders, New Hospital Openings Team, HRIS, and Sr. Manager, Regulatory Compliance.
- Communicate with regulatory agencies to address concerns as they arise.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare, Legal, or Business is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Three years of experience with Regulatory, Permits, Licensing, and Healthcare are required.
- Oracle or other people management software experience is preferred.
- Health care professional licensing experience is preferred.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies (state boards and health departments) is preferred.
- Salesforce experience is preferred.
- Health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Apply on company website