*This role can sit anywhere within our Northeast Region (i.e. Pittsburgh, PA, Boston, MA, Washington, D.C., etc.).*
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Serve as a business partner to Field Leadership and Risk Management teams to advise on how to implement new and complex risk programs, business tasks, and initiatives.
- Lead implementation of hospital and Practice-based programs. Ensure adoption of new policies and programs that drive quality, risk, safety and compliance improvements. Provide feedback to drive success, partnering with field and hospital leaders as appropriate.
- Facilitate an environment of constant improvement, ensuring effective communication, with all CTS Teams, Field Leadership and Hospital associates. Encourage all to be responsible for risk mitigation.
- Perform audits/assessments of the following: Compliance, Controlled Substances, Health & Safety, Waste Management, PetWare invoicing, and daily sales.
- Develop and communicate metrics on audit results. Work with key partners to execute corrective action plans and reduce nonconformance in the future.
- Proactively scan and identify risks and control weaknesses and recommend policy and/or process improvements impacting hospitals, associates, pets and clients.
- Initiate, conduct and resolve investigations related to associate-related financial loss and compliance violations.
- Maintain compliance and risk management documents, case files and correspondence. Compile and monitor ongoing reporting.
- Support the safety of pets, clients and associates through Risk Management programs and available reporting.
- Partner with field leadership and Associate Relations to mitigate the risk to associates' security and safety in the event of a potential or imminent threat. Work to implement measures and controls to diminish the danger.
- Safeguard the organization from diversion, compliance, and safety risks using investigative techniques, reporting, auditing tools and field visitations.
- Provide exceptional, timely customer service for associates and teams requiring risk mitigation input, action and services.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Criminal Justice is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Five years of experience in loss prevention, regulatory compliance, risk management, multi-unit retail management, or human resources are required.
- Experience working in cross functional teams is required.
- Proven track record of taking ownership, managing conflicting priorities, and driving results is required.
- Previous experience in the Veterinary field as a hospital leader or a district manager is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Apply on company website