*This will be a remote role based out of Vancouver, WA.*
Summary and Qualifications:
Accurate, granular data on Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)'s impact areas is critical to our business in a number of ways, including internal strategy development, tracking progress against our goals and KPIs and future internal and external reporting to stakeholders. The Sustainability Data Manager will work across our business units to aggregate, analyze and visualize data on our impact areas, including greenhouse gas emissions, waste, and antibiotics. Familiarity with greenhouse gas emissions data and analysis is required.
The primary focus will be the Planet pillar topics, which includes climate change, waste, and pharmaceutical stewardship, but the scope may be expanded to include data related to our goals on Health and Wellbeing, Inclusion and Diversity, and Access to and Affordability of Care.
There are varying types and degrees of sophistication of data collection and management across the MVH business units that need to be improved and harmonized in order to capture an MVH-wide picture of sustainability performance. The Manager will act as the key point of contact on sustainability data and guardian of the ‘single source of truth' for a range of stakeholders.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Manage MVH sustainability data collection, reporting and analysis. In order to track progress against our 2025 and future goals we need accurate and organized data across our impact areas and across our business units. This role will support data collection for annual GHG and waste reporting in the near term, helping to streamline the process with our external technical consultants. Data will come from a variety of sources, including business unit utility bills, fleet information and business travel data from finance teams, and procurement data from the commercial teams, outside vendors such as waste haulers, among other sources. Data will be integrated into Mars Inc.'s Enablon systems and exploration of additional storage and analysis tools and systems for MVH may be explored, such as PowerBI.
- Supporting MVH's annual reporting on greenhouse gas emissions, waste and antibiotics purchasing, in accordance with standards and guidelines (e.g. for greenhouse gas emissions, the GHG Protocol) will be a key part of this role. Collecting and analyzing data across these three topics.
- Develop future systems for improved data tracking and dashboards. New systems and processes will need to be developed to better collect and track data across the business units and rolled up to the MVH level. This will involve refinement and/or creation of new systems and processes and guidance for business units to follow.
- Lead internal and external data reporting. Sustainability data will need to be reported internally across business units and up to senior leadership, and externally to select stakeholders. This role ensures timely and effective reporting of data.
- Develop insightful visualization. Visualizations are critical for effective communication related to our progress.
- Support business units in data management improvements. Work with the business units to collect data and improve quality and comprehensiveness of data sets, across topics of energy use, waste, antibiotics, etc.
- Coordinate data sharing with Petcare and Mars, Inc.
- Conduct data analysis and cleaning. Help manage large data sets and refine data to allow for useful analysis.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Computer Science is required.
- Three to five years of experience with data collection and reporting systems are required.
- Hands-on data management and data analysis experience, including database building and data mining are required.
- Quantitative reasoning skills, including the ability to work with numbers, summarize data and to present, explain and discuss the results within all levels of the organization are required.
- Ability to transform complex analytics into a simple, visual story to influence decision makers and build compelling presentations is required.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues, manage scope and contain risks are required.
- Experience with greenhouse gas emissions data and analysis is required.
- Healthcare background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. MVH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. MVH complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every MVH location.
Apply on company website