Banfield aspires to be a practice where as a team, we make a positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine. And, we believe hiring people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, permits us to deliver to the highest quality of preventive care.
As a Banfield veterinary technician, you will work alongside pet health care industry experts to make a difference in the lives of the pets and clients we serve. With the chance to utilize your veterinary knowledge, communication skills, and love for pets, this role will afford you the opportunity to define a clear career path for continued growth and learning.
- Support veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- With each hospital function, assist veterinarians and the medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow.
- Assist with surgeries and procedures in accordance with your state's Veterinary Practice Act outlined for credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicate with clients about individualized pet health concerns and offer guidance onOptimum Wellness Plan®options, medications, and additional treatments.
- Assist in maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including Banfield's database, PetWare, designed to obtain data for populationresearch.
- Obtain relevant health history and information from clients and maintain medical charts.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT)
A Day in the Life of a Banfield Veterinary Technician
Vet Techs may have just a single job title, but in fact they fill many important roles as they move throughout their day in the hospital. They are an integral part of an effective team and support our hospitals by:
- Acting as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's productivity.
- Assisting veterinarians and veterinary medical teams through the day-to-day function of the hospital and communicating with the team to maintain the flow of patients.
- Assisting with surgery and using your technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts regarding duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicating with clients about unique pet health concerns and offering guidance on Optimum Wellness Plan® options, preventive care, medications, and other treatments.
- Obtaining relevant information and history from clients and maintaining proper and complete medical charts to benefit individual clients and the pet owner community as a whole.
- Using safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Mentoring other team members.
Commitment Beyond Qualifications
Being a Vet Tech requires AVMA certified credentials, skill, dedication and a desire for continuing education, but most importantly, a passion for animals and caring for them. We aim to hire and develop Vet Techs who believe preventive care is the key to achieving a long and healthy life for each pet.
Like all associates, we look to our Vet Techs to embrace our Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. As much as we value on-paper qualifications, we actively seek out Vet Techs who thrive on delivering outstanding client and pet experiences. At Banfield, we take pride in hiring passionate Vet Techs who:
- Utilize high quality medical skills
- Educate clients on all aspects of pet health
- Advocate for the wellness of pets
- Contribute to an engaging hospital environment and positive team dynamic
Caring for Those Who Care: Benefits for Banfield Veterinary Technicians
Our approach to rewarding our vet techs includes programs for both personal wellness and professional development. As the nation's largest pet health care provider, Banfield is uniquely positioned to offer a wide array of benefits and programs that help you take care of yourself and your family, as well as care for pets.
Personal Health, Savings, and Wellness Benefits
All Vet Techs receive competitive salaries in addition to a number of savings, health, and insurance benefits, ranging from 401(k) participation to Optimum Wellness Plans® for your pets. In addition, medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance is offered to associates based on eligibility. Because pet health care can be stressful at times, we also offer a number of work-life balance benefits and programs including paid vacation that help you balance your life in the hospital and your life at home.
Potential as Big as Your Passion
Whether you are a newly certified or an experienced Vet Tech, a job at Banfield opens the door to exploring the next best move in your career. We are committed to helping Vet Techs grow by providing:
- Performance development plans designed to help you define and achieve your career goals
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities
- Vet Tech networking opportunities
- Opportunities to lend your skills to the communities you serve and live in
A Support Structure That Helps You Thrive
We've created a structure that includes leadership and support at the hospital level, in the field and at our Corporate headquarters, all with one goal in mind: to help you focus on delivering quality care for all pets.
Together we are a team, making a real impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities and the field of veterinary medicine.
Start your Banfield Career as a Veterinary Technician
Learn more about the impact you can make as part of a Banfield hospital team and see how we support the wellness of our people and profession.
View the official job description or if you're ready to make your move, apply today!
Apply on company website