- Practice in accordance to state practice act and principles of veterinary medical ethics
- Leverage evidence-based medicine and continue pursuit of education to deliver quality patient care
- Devote yourself to the culture of preventive care and Optimum Wellness Plans
- Adopt and positively impact new veterinary standards and guidelines
- Deliver medical and surgical treatments with formulary approved pharmaceuticals, supplies, and equipment, in accordance with Banfield's Medical Quality Standards
- Partner with clients as an advocate for the pet to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the lifelong health of their pets
- Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including Banfield's database, PetWare, designed to obtain data for population research
- Foster an effective veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices, and your veterinary knowledge and experience
- Exemplify the Mars Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom
- State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
- A State Controlled Substance (SCS) License may be required by the state in which you intend to work. If you do not already hold an SCS, Banfield encourages you to obtain this license after your start date as the practice may reimburse this cost.
- Once an associate has obtained their SCS, Banfield will apply and pay for your DEA License.
- New associates will be required to take their state USDA Accreditation class by the time they reach the 12-week mark from their hire date.
- Competitive salary with paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Automatic enrollment 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment
- Health Savings Account with annual practice-paid funding of $750 to supplement health care expenses
- Automatic enrollment in 100% practice paid short- and long-term disability after 60 days of employment – includes maternity leave
- Liability and malpractice insurance
- Eligibility to enroll in the Veterinary Student Debt Relief Pilot Program
- Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular, and so much more
- Personal development plans designed to define and achieve your career goals
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities
- VIN Membership discounts and other veterinary networking opportunities
- The chance to lend your skills to the communities you serve and live in
Apply on company website