Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Associate Specialist Buying Operations is to assist in the development and execution of supply chain strategies for the delivery of medical and/or indirect services and non and formulary products to Banfield hospitals in the US and Puerto Rico and stakeholders.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Provide oversight and recommendations to improve internal processes and procedures around stakeholder engagement, requisition and contract management, and quality and service levels.
- Handle risk and crisis management within the Corporate & Medical Service supply chains, recommending options for opportunities and strategy execution to drive supply chain optimization, improve service levels, and commercial effectiveness.
- Ensure exceptional business results in the following key areas: supplier performance and continuous process improvement; total delivered cost reduction; supplier relationship management; and stakeholder engagement.
- Own the supply logistics and operational relationships for Medical and Indirect Services and for Non-and Formulary spend, including communication of service set-up requirements and management of supplier performance.
- Identify improvement and simplifications for the Procure-to-Pay process with internal stakeholders.
- Provide ideas in developing the supply chain, internal ordering process optimization, and Procure-to-Pay process for Banfield hospitals while handling all supply, quality, or service level issues.
- Drive and leverage supplier's capabilities to reduce Mars TCO in the supply chain.
- Identify and assist with implementations for process standardization and optimization strategies across the entire network.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Procurement, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is preferred.
- Two years of experience as a Veterinary Assistant with Banfield Hospital and/or of working at CTS is required.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of individuals both written and verbal is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction is required.
- CVT/RVT certification is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Apply on company website