BAE Systems is seeking an experienced Procurement Analyst to support the Integrated Defense Systems Business Unit of the Intelligence & Security (I&S) Sector in the Fayetteville, NC area. This position reports to the Director of Procurement and is responsible for conducting procurement activities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment in support of a wide variety of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) projects over a multi-year program.
Procurement Analyst is accountable for the technical, financial, schedule and quality performance of the supply base, as well as the proactive coordination of the internal team support necessary for success. Analyzes manufacturing, enterprise resource planning, and other material requirements based on needs of assembly demands, replenishments, substitute parts/materials, production set-ups, engineering changes and enterprise supplies. Resolves schedule, material requirement or business system problems with cross-functional representatives. Approves part or material requisitions and initiates production and purchase orders.
The candidate is a motivated self-starter, demonstrates exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills and will overcome organizational challenges to accomplish demanding activities in a fast-paced SOF operational environment. The position requires direct, clear, and timely communication with executive level military leaders on a daily basis. The candidate must demonstrate exacting attention to detail and simultaneously maintain a top-level perspective to ensure overall project success.
The following duties are typical of the position.
- Accountable for the technical, financial, schedule and quality performance of the supply base.
- Accountable for the leadership and management of the internal team support necessary for success.
- Proposal preparation, negotiations, contract award, supplier management, and execution to meet or exceed business requirements.
- Maintain professional and dependable relationships with internal and external customers.
- Procurement compliance, Cost/Price Analysis and continuous improvement (Root Cause & Corrective action) to optimize supplier performance and to achieve Zero Defects.
- Help Compliance Managers develop, implement, and direct policies, practices, and procedures that are in accordance with federal, commercial, state/local, and/or international Procurement regulations.
- Collaborate with other Supply Chain Managers, Project Leads and Engineers to execute supply chain and material / commodity strategies across a spectrum of highly specialized materials, equipment, supplies and services to support operational excellence.
- Ensure quick resolution of technical and programmatic issues by leveraging and integrating the capabilities of the organization.
- Support development of Supply Chain Management Plans and identify measures for managing subcontractors.
- Prepare reports for Procurement Director to brief Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager and others as required.
This position is located in the greater Fayetteville, NC area
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience in a complex multifaceted electronics design & manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and the understanding of the role of procurement in complex industries.
- Experience with procurement efforts in a DOD contracting environment.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation).
- Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements.
- Understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Strong working experience developing and implementing category / commodity strategies across a broad range of Electrical, Electro-Mechanical and Mechanical technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual and performance issues with suppliers.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong experience managing Subcontracts or Procurement team
- Experience with Microsoft Office, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Active Security Clearance. Current or eligible Top Secret Security and SCI
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 10 years or more of directly related work experience
- 5 years or more experience in government and/or Special Operations Forces (SOF) contracting environment
This position is contingent hire in 4Q 2022 for contract start date anticipated for December 2022.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website