***Sign on Bonus of up to $25,000***
- Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site.
- This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
In this Product Test Engineer role, the qualified candidate will provide engineering product support the high volume Engine Systems' product lines. Responsibilities include supporting a modern Avionics electronics manufacturing facility, defining and maintaining hardware test requirements, providing engineering guidance and support to Fort Wayne (FTW) Engine Systems' (ES) Operations organizations and mentoring to other team members.
A day in the life of a Senior Product Test Engineer consists of supporting our production floor by troubleshooting and dispositioning product, assisting with investigations, eliminating bottlenecks, and collaborating with other business functions to increase overall product/process efficiency in order to meet business needs while exceeding customer expectations.
- Candidates will need to be capable of using standard electrical lab and test equipment to be successful with troubleshooting product failures down to a component level.
- The Product Test Engineers are a critical piece to our business and play a vital part of instilling our company's value of maintaining a lean culture by constantly looking for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Some light travel may be required (<10%).
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent and 4 years experience.
- Electronics troubleshooting and instrument familiarity (analog, digital, power, communications).
- Demonstrated ability in isolating electrical failures to root cause.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving and critical thinking.
- Proficient at interpreting engineering documentation including but not limited to schematics, assembly drawings, and component data sheets
- Ability to interpret and apply specifications, standards, and customer requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and organize multiple activities in a cross-functional team environment
- Effective communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with the manufacturing and test of high reliability circuit card assemblies.
- Experience using advanced test and analysis instrumentation (spectrum, bus and logic analyzers, etc.)
- Experience programming in various software environments (Basic, UNIX, C++, VB, NI LabVIEW, NI Test Stand, etc.)
- Experienced with use of complex analytical tools.
- Experience with Avionics' communication interfaces.
- Experience using complex investigation and analytical tools and methods (e.g. Statistical Process Controls, 6 Sigma Tools, 7-Step/8D, Fault Tree Analysis, Design of Experiments, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-paced manufacturing environment.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website