BAE Systems seeks a systems integration engineer candidate with senior level (8 plus years) experience with identifying and defining requirements, designing, developing, installing, configuring, testing, and implementing information systems technology solutions to large-scale federal enterprise environments.
The candidate will function as the lead engineer for the implementation and Tier 3-level support of Microsoft current branch versions 1910+ in an environment which consists of over 15,000 user desktop workstations, laptops, and servers. The candidate will also support the Operating System (OS) patching infrastructure such as WSUS as it applies to mandatory security updates to the enterprise in addition to offering recommendations for improving/enhancing the current software distribution processes and procedures.
The candidate should have an understanding of how to configure the software update point role (SUP). This is used in the environment for reporting purposes. In the Lab environment the OS images (WIMs) are patched using WSUS.
The Information Technology Division (ITD) division of the United States Marshals Service (USMS) under the US Department of Justice implements mission-critical technical information technology projects in support of the USMS divisions and districts geographically dispersed to over 350 sites throughout the United States and its territories. The ITD Software Update and Data Services (SUDS) technical team provides information technology technical solutions implementation and support with virtualized & cloud-based systems, LAN network engineering, storage, backup/recovery, desktop imaging and implementation, litigation support technologies, fleet-level printing solutions, project coordination, technical writing/editing, and Tier 3 level support following a defined system development lifecycle (SDLC), within ITIL, PMI, and CMMI-based process frameworks.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field plus five (5) years of hands-on, related systems engineering experience or eight (8) years of hands-on, related systems engineering experience in lieu of the bachelor's degree.
- Experienced in identifying/capturing requirements, designing, developing, system and security testing, documenting, and implementing large scale enterprise information technology projects/solutions.
- Experienced in the installation, configuration, and utilization of MS SCCM current branch versions 1910+ to deploy/patch software packages to thousands of desktop workstations, laptops, and servers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM current branch versions 1910+, including:
- Patch Management
- Security requirements
- Workstation Configuration
- Distribution points
- SCCM database
- Windows Server 2012R2, Server 2016, Server 2016 Core, Server 2019
- Active Directory
- MDT deployment technologies
- Future Microsoft technologies
- Utilization of change management/change control processes and procedures.
- Proven experience in documenting system requirements, design, implementation, and operations document deliverables.
- Independent, self-starting, innovative, deadline-driven, mindset.
- Ability to acquire or have a Level 6 Public Trust federal government clearance. (BI).
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website