This position is contingent upon contract award. See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems in Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. As part of our Program Excellence organization, you will work closely with the Program Management and Risk Management teams to coordinate and execute key critical planning support on our Defense Industry programs. As a Principal Program Planner at BAE Systems, you will facilitate the development of Integrated Master Plans (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) that will guide program execution and serve as the basis for Earned Value performance. You will also work closely with Program Managers and Control Account Managers, and Program Finance analysts to communicate Schedule status, monitor program schedule performance through critical/driving path analyses.
The Program Planning team is a trusted business partner, providing information and innovative solutions for decision-making that are critical to delivering quality products and capabilities to our customers and, ultimately, the warfighter. We are committed to employee growth and development, encouraging employees to build a long-term career here at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day-to-day assignments, employees are provided opportunities to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs, networking events and job rotation opportunities, providing a diverse exposure to other areas of the organization. These opportunities could be in the areas of Program Planning Functional Management, Program Management, Risk Management, Finance, Contracts and Operations, to name just a few. Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Lead/facilitate the planning, establishment and maintenance of the Performance Measurement Baseline.
- Communicate schedule guidelines/techniques to program team for IMP/IMS development
- Ensure that all schedules are fully compliant with internal policies, customer, and industry requirements (DID 81861 IPMR).
- Develop and conduct critical and driving path analyses on the baseline schedule in compliance with, internal, customer, and industry requirements (DID 81861 IPMR).
- Identify trends using common schedule Metrics (DCMA 14pt, BEI, EVAS data driven metrics, etc.), suggest corrective actions in a timely manner and supports implementation.
- Possess a thorough understanding of US DoD schedule policies and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) requirements.
- Resource load budgets into schedules to support EVMS measurement and reporting.
- Perform Schedule Assessments and Analyses on the baseline IMS to identify schedule risks and opportunities.
- Review, recommend and implement, as appropriate, schedule work-around or recovery plans in a proactive manner.
- Routinely assist program management by monitoring SPI/CPI and BEI performance and preparing schedule status reports for customer and/or business management reviews
- Perform and analyze schedule risk assessments (SRA) as required
- Train and assist program and proposal teams in preparation for planning sessions and is instrumental in the generation of the program or proposal schedule
- Participate in sector and company functional activities including training, surveillance, tool evaluation, policy reviews, process management, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar; or equivalent experience, and at least six (6) years of planning/scheduling experience; or a Master's Degree and four (4) years of related experience.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems using ingenuity & innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence diverse work teams
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage a multi-tasked workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make decisions with sound judgment while complying with policies and procedures
- Proficient in MS Project or other Planning SW, MS Excel, and MS Office Applications
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with Cobra, and Schedule Risk SW.
- Experience with project forecasting and analysis, particularly in a US Defense environment
- Understanding and knowledge with regards to industry Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide (PASEG)
- Risk management experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent certification
- Ability to challenge and improve knowledge of industry practices and standards as well as company policies
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website