Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of an innovative team who solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to join our engineering team.
In this role, you will:
- Assist Project Scrum Masters to produce accurate delivery estimates.
- Mange the transition from analysis through to design and delivery.
- Lead a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions and processes.
- Prepares and produces releases of software components, develops application code programs, and develops and executes test plans.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience working with and building APIs and webservices on a large scope and complex program/project
- 10+ years of experience working with Linux Command Lines on a large scope and complete program/project
- 7+ years of software development experience on a large scope and complex program/project utilizing SAFe or similar Agile methodologies
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 15+ years of experience working with and building APIs and web services on a large scale, complex program/project
- 15+ years of experience with Linux Command Lines on a large scale, complex program/project
- 10+ years of software development experience on a large scale, complex program/project
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website