Comfort Care is now a part of the Aveanna Healthcare family of companies
The Speech Therapist is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care according to the patients individual physician orders. Care may involve assessments, administering prescribed treatments and therapies, care planning, communication with other members of the patients multi-disciplinary team, supply management, emergency management, coordination of care, health promotion and teaching and training family members.
Schedule - PRN - 2 days per week
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Speech Therapy services as prescribed by the physician.
- Follow policies and procedures and conforms to all applicable patient care standards, licensure regulations and state laws.
- Provide a written evaluation defining Speech Therapy needs, goals and expected outcomes in conjunction with referring physician's Plan of Treatment.
- Provide a written Plan of Care for Speech Therapy goals and outcomes
- Maintains the plan of care for assigned patients according to identified Speech Therapy goals and outcomes.
- Participate in coordination of services (including discharge planning), with health care team, physicians, parent/guardians, nurses, and others.
- Maintain patient and company confidentiality.
- Maintain effective communication between staff, health care team members, and family.
- Serves as a resource consultant for clinical staff.
- Provide physicians and Aveanna with written evaluation of patient's needs, goals, and progress.
Aveanna Healthcare Offers:
- 401(k) with match
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits for employees at 30+ hours
- Tuition Discounts and Reimbursement
- PTO, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
- Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an ASHA accredited college/university
Current and unrestricted SLP license to practice in the state of practice
- Current CPR certification
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation and compliance with policies and procedures
- One (1) year of recent experience as a Speech Language Pathologist in an acute care setting preferred
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Notice for Job Applicants Residing in California
Apply on company website