BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide clinical leadership and direction of patient care, provide patient and family teaching, and work cooperatively within the interdisciplinary health care team in maintaining standards of nursing care within the framework of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE JOB FUNCTIONS
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issue
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or the situation
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice
- Evaluates one's own nursing practice in relation to professional standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues
- Collaborates with patient, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice
- Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice
- Integrates research findings into practice
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession
- Graduate of state board approved School of Nursing.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Ohio
- Educational and experiential qualifications with consideration of the following:
- Education- BSN preferred
- Certification preferred for those meeting ANCC eligibility requirements
- Membership preferred in professional nursing organization
- Academic and experiential requirement as required by applicable federal, state and local law
- Proactively deal with constant change
- Prepared for an evolving healthcare environment that includes advanced technologies
JOB LOCATION AND SCHEDULING
- Varied locations and hours as required by the job (generally scheduled for 12-hour shifts).
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. Aultman reserves the right to revise this job description. Employment with Aultman is at-will, meaning both Aultman and employees have the right to end the employment relationship at any time and for any reason. The at-will nature of this employment cannot be altered by and verbal statement or alleged verbal agreement. It may only be changed by a legally-binding written contract covering employment status. Aultman will reasonable accommodate employees or applicants with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, unless such accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on Aultman or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others that cannot be sufficiently mitigated by reasonable accommodation. Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment should notify the Human Resource Department and request such an accommodation.
Apply on company website