PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide clinical leadership and direction of patient care, provide patient and family teaching, and work cooperatively within the interdisciplinary team in maintaining standards of nursing care within the framework of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
· Assesses the patient's and family's physical, psychosocial, environmental, safety and developmental needs.
· Develops an individualized plan of care based on the assessments.
· Assesses all aspects of the patient's pain and develops an individualized pain management plan.
· Anticipates, prevents and treats undesirable symptoms or secondary symptoms.
· Supports, instructs and educates the patient, family and caregiver.
· Documents problems, nursing assessments, appropriate goals, care provided, care interventions and patient and family outcomes.
· Coordinates all patient and family services with the team.
· Maintains the dignity of the dying patient.
· Supports the patient's and family's unique spiritual and cultural beliefs.
· Provides holistic, family-centered care across treatment setting to improve the quality of life.
· Consults and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and other involved in the patient's care.
· Demonstrates flexibility in meeting the needs of the program and responds positively to changes in workflow.
· Oversees the daily assignments/schedule.
· Reads report daily and responds to needs appropriately for patient care needs.
· Fielding phone calls from patients, families, staff, and physician offices to needed discipline.
· Take and communicate new orders to nursing staff.
· Enter new orders, labs, or changes in the computer system.
· Oversee IDT meetings.
· Communicate to staff changes in operation/policies
· Oversee staff competencies and tracking.
· Complies with agency infection control and safety policies.
· Completes annual competency requirements.
· Consistently communicates requests, suggestions, concerns or problems to the appropriate personnel.
· Consistently completes assigned responsibilities in required time frame and accepts additional duties and responsibilities as requested by Unit Director.
· Consistently maintains a professional appearance.
· Maintains Aultman standards of confidentiality, including the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
· Creates and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Aultman Health Foundation.
· Supports strategic organizational goals.
· Abides by the Aultman Code of Conduct at all times.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
· Graduate of an approved and accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred. Certification preferred for those meeting eligibility requirements. Membership in professional nursing organization preferred.
· Current State of OH RN license.
· Two years recent nursing experience in acute, long-term care or homecare/hospice, with at least one in hospice or homecare preferred.
· Must be able to work independently, have demonstrated patient teaching skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Current BLS certification
· Must have general computer skills
· Valid OH Drivers License and daily access to reliable and insured vehicle.
· Hours of operation with shifts as assigned.
· Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
· Subject to emergency and other crisis situations
· Hazardous Exposure Category 1
· Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours (see attached Physical Requirements Addendum for details)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
PURPOSE: To identify specific functions job requirements and work environment factors that could affect job performance.
Check all factors that are present as essential job requirements and check whether the factor is performed.
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Additional information concerning physical requirements for the position:
Performing patient care responsibilities as required
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
Apply on company website