SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $10,000
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of the Respiratory Therapist is to perform all duties under medical supervision in the treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardio-pulmonary system, and work cooperatively with the health care team in maintaining standards of care within the framework of the Ohio Respiratory Care Board (ORCB).
- 8 & 12 Hour Shifts with every other weekend and holiday as assigned.
- Lunch periods and breaks are coordinated with other staff to maintain adequate unit coverage.
- Subject to frequent interruptions during performance of duties.
- Expected to adhere to hospital policies and procedures.
- Expected to fulfill position description requirements.
- Blood and body fluid exposure.
- A graduate of a respiratory therapy program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
- Current licensure to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the state of Ohio.
- Good work ethic as evidenced by infrequent absenteeism.
- Capable of functioning in the various roles of the Respiratory Therapist.
- Maintains the standards of respiratory care.
- Provides a safe environment for patients.
- Follows policies, standards, protocols, and procedures of the hospital.
- Provides patients and family with education and support.
- Assists physicians, nursing, and other disciplines with tests and procedures.
- Performs therapy in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Participates in economical utilization of supplies.
- Reports and accurately records pertinent observations and reactions regarding patients to the appropriate members of the health care team (i.e.: physicians, RN, PCS, and other RTs).
- Participates in orientation of new personnel.
- Communicates with physicians in a professional manner.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may by inherent in the position
Apply on company website