Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position, under direction of the Assistant Director for Behavioral Health and Regulatory, is to work cooperatively with the regulatory team to assist with continual readiness for regulatory surveys and provide support to nursing staff for patients with behavioral health issues.
Minimum qualifications are as follows:
- Registered nurse licensed to practice in the State of Ohio.
- BSN preferred.
- Completion of Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) training within 6 months of hire.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Three to five years clinical nursing experience.
Hours 24/7 coverage; midnights and afternoons, straight or with rotation to days, flex as required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Performs real time documentation coaching for new Restraint or Seclusion and Blood Transfusion 24/7 and other areas as needed.
- Conducts inpatient rounding for behavioral health patients, patients in restraints, and for other purposes as directed each shift.
- Provides support to bedside nursing for newly admitted patients who express suicidal ideation (SI) including, but not limited to:
- Performs behavioral health assessment
- Coaches or completes CSSR-S
- Verifies safe environment
- Verifies or conducts just in time education of companions sitting with SI patients
- Performs regulatory audits, including, but not limited to:
- Clinical record audits
- Environmental audits
- Focused audits
- One hour Face to Face evaluation for inpatients in violent restraints when LIP not on site
- Code Lavender set up, re stock, tear down, supply maintenance
- New PCT Orientation
- Participates as needed during regulatory surveys.
- Remains abreast of current trends in the field by reviewing literature and participating in research activities.
- Maintains annual mandatory training requirements.
- Collaborates in Quality Improvement activities.
- Enters surveillance data as directed.
Apply on company website