PURPOSE OF POSITION
Purpose of this position is to obtain high quality images to assist in the diagnosis and or treatment of our patients.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
· Identifies each patient and reviews each physician order for consistency of exam ordered with clinical diagnosis and all demographic information. Records pertinent data at all times.
· Assesses patient condition, ensures patient safety through proper use of support/immobilization devices, and proper transport/transfer technique with regard given to the age of the patient.
· Assists the physicians during invasive imaging and treatment procedures including;
o Scrubbing to provide direct assistance during vascular access, including assistance with wire, catheter, balloon, stent and other diagnostic treatment devices
o Administration of opaque contrast media via catheter or direct injection under the direction of a physician.
o Image review and manipulation, selection of appropriate exam sets, filming and appropriate labeling and archiving of pertinent acquired images.
· Gather and review all the proper patient information needed prior to procedure. (ie. Lab work, images, consent, etc.)
· Reviews each examination for technical accuracy making sure all of necessary anatomy is included on the study.
· Communicates all pertinent information to patient or person responsible.
· Works closely and assist the physician, PA or RPA during all procedures using proper sterile technique.
· Dispenses appropriate preparations to patients as indicated by departmental protocol and/or physician order.
· Explain exams/procedures to patients and address any questions or concerns.
· Completes the proper paperwork needed for each exam and appropriately scans into the RIS system.
· Provides radiation protection to patients in accordance with prescribed radiation safety standards; uses collimation, patient radiation protection, and immobilization.
· Is familiar with and uses ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable) principles to maximize image quality and minimize patient radiation exposure.
· Maintains proper sterile techniques for procedures and table preparation.
· Consistently practices aseptic techniques, and strictly obeys isolation and infection control procedures.
· Responsible for the monitoring of all special procedures equipment such as but not limited to single plane C-arm, bi-plane C-arm, Hybrid OR imaging equipment, angiographic injectors, EP mapping systems, ultrasound, intravascular ultrasound, athrectomy devices, rotoblators, laser, and hemodynamic monitoring equipment . Must demonstrate the ability to perform simple troubleshooting and resolution of issue, as well as report equipment malfunction to hospital Bio-medical department or vendor uptime for timely resolution or repair.
· Cleans and disinfects equipment after every patient use.
· Straightens, cleans, and disinfects the equipment and room after every patient use to meet infection control standards, and makes sure the room is restaged and resupplied prior to leaving a shift to enhance efficiencies in processes of patient throughput and supply ordering and stocking.
· Must demonstrate reliability when on-call, back up call, or standby and must maintain appropriate proximity and availability to the hospital and department; must report to work within defined time frame to support and perform duties related to cases that are urgent, emergent, or necessary outside of normal departmental posted business hours.
· Follows all current policies and procedures to maintain a safe working environment for patients, other team members, and oneself.
· Follows all infection control guidelines including universal blood and body fluid precautions.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and participating in professional organizations. Job Requirements
- Minimum Education: ARRT Certification and Ohio Department of Health License
- Minimum Experience: One year Interventional Radiology and/or Invasive Heart Lab experience with Hybrid OR/cath lab experience preferred.
- Previous lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to teach and orient staff
- Good judgment
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
· Primarily day shift with changing start time. Weekend, holiday and afternoon call.
· Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
· Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
Apply on company website