PURPOSE OF POSITION
To assist the pharmacist with the preparation and dispensing of medications. Processes and coordinates all required documentation and communication (paper and electronic) to facilitate complete, accurate, and timely flow of patient information. This includes, but is not limited to, ongoing authorizations (private insurance) tracking; pre-bill; and general clerical support for the pharmacy team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Able to run all pharmacy department technology knowledgeably; able to troubleshoot problems if equipment fails; able to disseminate knowledge to fellow and new staff members.
- Pull outdated, damaged and recalled merchandise for possible return.
- Collect data, conduct quality monitoring and complete documentation as assigned.
- Maintaining logs, records and other required documentation accurately, filing documents in appropriate locations.
- Preforms cleaning and quality checks of Infusion and enteral pumps per policy.
- Maintain accurate inventories.
- Answering the telephone with compassion and a smile. Return patient, customer, or nurse calls in a timely fashion and provide follow-up to their questions when necessary. Is able to change workflow based on the priority of orders as they populate.
- Is able to compound sterile products or admixtures competently and safely as determined by supervising pharmacist.
- Highly reliable and competent with all IV Room related software's and automation.
- Reports any software or hardware related issues to pharmacist.
- Assists in the cleaning and disinfecting of the IV room.
- Assists in the delivery of medications and supplies to patients and offices.
- Gathers needed information for the proper intake of patients into the CPR+ system.
- Communicates with appropriate corporate insurance departments regarding authorizations.
- Verifies Infusion benefits according to payor plans
- Verifies accepting physician for all patients, obtains patient records and current medication list.
- Coordinates, tracks, obtains, follows up, on all ongoing insurance authorizations.
• Ensures effective communication and collaboration with infusion, homecare office and field staff in order to foster continuity of care.
• Assembles and maintains departmental and patient records.
• Utilizes all applicable computerized system within the department.
• Conducts pre-billing audit review.
• Provides staff with recertification reports and ensures that re-certifications and therapy functional assessments (TFAs) are scheduled appropriately. Communicates with Scheduler to ensure visits are completed in correct sequence.
• Maintains up to date complete medical record and process closed charts for long term storage.
• Regularly assesses the clinical paperwork, drug and supply inventory and orders as necessary.
• Maintains confidentiality with employee and company sensitive information.
• Consistently communicates with all patients, families, customers and other personnel in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
• Demonstrates flexibility in meeting the needs of the agency and responds positively to changes in workflow.
• Promotes teamwork by demonstrating willingness to assist others in meeting the needs of all individuals and collaborating effectively with the interdisciplinary team and other departments throughout the organization.
• Completes annual competency requirements.
• Consistently communicates requests, suggestions, concerns or problems to the appropriate personnel.
• Consistently completes assigned responsibilities in required time frame and accepts additional duties and responsibilities as requested by Unit Director.
• Consistently maintains a professional appearance.
• Participates in process improvement initiatives.
• Preforms other duties as assigned.
• Maintains Aultman standards of confidentiality, including the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
• Creates and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Aultman Health Foundation.
• Supports organizational strategic goals.
• Abides by the Aultman Code of Conduct at all times.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED is required.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in college is preferred.
- Must pass an Ohio Board of Pharmacy approved test (PTCB or PTAC) to be eligible to work as a pharmacy technician in Ohio.
- Applicable background checks must be passed.
- Prior experience in retail or sterile IV compounding pharmacy is preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers within the department.
- Able to work independently and accurately with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written/telephone communication skills; strong organizational and problem-solving skills; ability to stimulate new ideas
- Basic computer skills and typing skills
- Dependable transportation
- Automobile Insurance, Driver's license
- Hours of operation with shifts as assigned including occasional overtime or scheduled as necessary.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
Apply on company website