Assists the pharmacist by preparing physician orders for medications for oral, rectal, topical and injectable uses; monitors, outdates and replenishes stock; completes required documentation and enters appropriate data into the Keane, Pyxis and employee prescription system. All duties are carried out under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist.
Core Job Responsibilities:
1. Assists the Pharmacist in providing medication, drug information and other
pharmaceutical services to patients, nurses, physicians and other hospital staff.
2. Maintains inventory of medications and supplies and places reorders as appropriate.
3. Regularly monitors pharmacy inventory and floor stock for outdates, removes outdates
from active stock and returns for credit.
4. Assists the Pharmacist with processing of physician orders and employee prescriptions
for appropriate charges and documentation.
5. Assists the Pharmacist with maintaining and utilizing the Pyxis Distribution System.
6. Receives and stores incoming deliveries of medications and supplies.
7. Participates in departmental and organizational PI activities.
8. Adheres to policies and procedures of the department.
9. Provides pharmaceutical services for all patient age groups under the direct
supervision of the Pharmacist and consults with Pharmacist as appropriate.
10. Works with Pharmacy staff to maintain the department in a clean orderly manner.
Maintain professional skills and refine expertise through appropriate educational/developmental activities.
Completion of annual employee requirements including Safety Test, Fire extinguisher training, CPR and TB Test.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Must have PTCB Certification.
Essential functions that are occasionally required sitting, stooping, reaching, and lifting. Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination. Able to interact, comprehend, speak, hear, see, stand, walk, and work under different conditions. Some lifting may be required (approximately 50 lbs.) Must be able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours per day.
Apply on company website