SUMMARY OF POSITION
MUST BE A STNA
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to the patient care team, by performing direct patient care, under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Provides assistance, collects specimens, and performs limited tests according to established procedures and training.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Supports other direct caregivers as needed, under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Responsible for assisting with tasks for newborn, pediatric and adult patients throughout all nursing departments.
- Performs activities of daily living including but not limited to:
- Positioning/turns/skin care
- Meal intake %
- Empties Foleys
- Transfers to chair/log roll
- Pass water
- Oral care
- Maintaining safety
- Heights and weights
- Ostomy care
- Answer call lights
- I&O's and charting in Cerner
- Vital signs
- Catheter care
- Preventative foam dressing
- Patient rounding
- Peripheral IV removal
- Collects specimens according to established policies and procedures. Arranges for transport of specimens to laboratory as appropriate.
- Performs point of care testing including bedside blood glucose and transcutaneous bilirubin.
- Performs EKGs, insertion and removal of Foley catheters, and bladder scans under the guidance of a registered nurse.
- Assists with transport of patient throughout the hospital.
- Places patient on monitor telemetry leads.
- Documents care provided in Cerner.
- Cleans equipment/utility room and stocks rooms.
- Maintains cleanliness of patient rooms (changes bed linens, empties trash, removes clutter, removes patient meal trays, cleans bedside commodes, etc).
- Clerical duties including answering of phones, paging physicians, and maintaining up to date on-call lists.
- Special housekeeping duties as may be directed.
- Provides water, ice, and between meal dietary needs to patients; cleans/maintains patient refrigerator and updates refrigerator temperature log, as assigned.
- Applies external devices (such as SCD's, Pulse Oximetry, TPump/Aqua K pad, etc.) per physician order.
- Maintains safety initiatives including but not limited to: hourly rounding, answering lights, monitoring patients who are a high risk for falls, and may be asked to provide companion care for patients as indicated.
- Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and code of conduct.
- Demonstrates, creates, and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Aultman Health Foundation and provides care that consistently complies with the Aultman Corporate Service Standards and high reliability culture.
- Manages time wisely and seeks assignments when duties are completed.
- Represents the hospital by volunteering for community activities which may include participation at community events, activities or on local boards.
- Seeks opportunities for involvement and participates in hospital based committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate
- AHA Healthcare Provider (BLS) training
- Basic computer skills
- Subject to background check and fingerprinting
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Working hours vary according to hospital needs; days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
- Works under the direct supervision of an RN
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
- Hazardous Exposure Category – I – tasks that involve exposure to blood, bodily fluids or tissues
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (50 pounds or greater)
O Carrying (50 pounds or greater)
O Pushing (50 pounds or greater)
N Climbing with (50 pounds or greater)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Apply on company website